Help finding the 03 Odometer manufacturer

zeboe

Mar 31, 2002
Does anyone know who manufactures the snazzy new electronic odometer type instrument found on the 03 and newer EXC’s?

This question is brought about by the cranial-rectal-inversion I occasionally suffer. Just for the record people, when replacing the odometer’s battery, use only the recommended 2430 type cell. In my mad dash to get to the woods I mistakenly grabbed a 2450 at the pharmacy. I noticed the 2450 is a-bit thicker than the 2430 but the diameter was the same…himm. So, I screwed it in and took off. Everything worked great until the LCD split down the middle …doh!

Ok at least I can fix my mistakes, that is, if I can get the parts! I have de-soldered the broken LCD display but to fix it I need the odometer or LCD manufacturer. I can buy a new instrument but would rather keep the old one due to the accumulative hours and mileage.

The instrument has the trademark “ m.q.e “ molded on the back plastic. The “m.q.e.” is found internally on the PC board as well. To add confusion I have seen it referenced in a KTM parts site as “ m.a.e. “. A or q I don’t know but I do hope someone knows who makes the instrument or who could sell the display.
Once again…thanks
Z

Top Bottom