SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
You can fab up a holder out of an old steel plate, just weld a 1/2" rod to it,bent 90 degrees, and hold the clutch hub with it.
Or, use and air wrencc and just blast it off.
Or, buy the motion pro universal clutch hub holder. It looks like a vice grips with the jaws bent at a 90.
There used to be and old Kent Moore Yamaha style that was aluminum but I haven't seen those for about 15 years, I wish I had one.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Clutch Holder

SFO
I too need a clutch holder but don't want to spend $30 and your idea of making one out of an old plate sounds good but can you tell me how this works to hold the clutch? Also what do you weld to it? Angle Iron?

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I made one these for my dads bike . I just used an old steel clutch plate and I welded two bolts on each side. It worked, but it also wouldn't hurt to double up two steel plates, because mine bent quite a bit.:)

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
CR_125 Please explain

CR_125
I do not understand how this keeps the clutch from moving when you try to take off the bolt? Please explain how you use this homemade tool? Thanks

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Re: Clutch Holder

Originally posted by goldman15
SFO
I too need a clutch holder but don't want to spend $30 and your idea of making one out of an old plate sounds good but can you tell me how this works to hold the clutch? Also what do you weld to it? Angle Iron?
The easiest way is to simply take a couple of old fiber plates and a couple of old metal plates, and bolt them together. This will hold the clutch basket and the clutch hub together, making it easier to get the center nut loose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom