Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
My friend Milton ( of  www.mxargentina.com.ar fame ) is bringing at least 2 friends, may be 5, to Dirtweek all the way from down-under, Argentina, that is! Flying their bikes in from that far would be a prohibitively expensive proposition...... so I would like to see if a few of our  friendly members would be willing to lend these fellows one or more bikes, or if anyone knows a source for "renting" dirtbikes for the week, that would be greatly appreciated. ...... Obviously, they will be liable for any needed repairs due to their riding; they are certainly willing to pay a reasonable fee for "borrowing" the bikes.

All these fellows are experienced MX guys, qualified as A-class or Pro-class in their home country. In fact, a couple have raced in US races, including the current AMA Outdoor Nationals (Jeremias Fernandez, ran out of money after Hangtown, went home to race and promptly crashed breaking his tibia and suffering a major concussion) and Norberto Debernardis recently competed on the Texas circuit and will be coming back for more in a couple of weeks.

Also, if a couple of tents were available during DW'03, some of them would be grateful for that accomodation as well.

any help will be greatly appreciated

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I may have an extra tent Pokie, if I'm able to swing the one for the back of the truck, I'll bring the standard tent as well. I'm bringing all of my bikes and I can only ride one at a time so they can use one of mine at times. but when I want it back, I'm walking out to the track and knocking them off of it!!:) advise them it's a Suzuki, that may scare them due to the powerband.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Are you bringing the wash bucket and mit or shall I.;):moon:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Why would they be scared of a part that is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust back at the factory because it was never installed?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Never know, they might be alergic to cats and cat products! :p

B

biglou

Pokie-I remembered seeing a rental place banner over on ThumperTalk, but when I checked it out, it was for Kalifornia only. I can't imagine that any of them would go without anything they needed, even if they didn't have everything lined out before they got here. Like someone said in another thread, "Show up broke, bikeless, hungry and with no beer. Leave fed, drunk, and get in all the riding you can handle." (or something like that)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Pokie - I'm with Lou. Tell them to come with what they can and we will fill in the rest. I will have at least 2 bikes there, maybe 3 and as far as a place to sleep, we will have the Camp Tejas awning up for all that need a place to rest their heads. I'll toss any extra camping and sleeping gear I run across as well into the DW pile growing in the corner of my dining room.

BTW - What are their arrival/departure dates? I assume they will be coming through DFW, as it is the closest major airport. If so, maybe some of us from the metromess can act as "hosts" for their visit.

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
thanks for all the input and goodwill..... I am concerned only because we may have 5 or 6 without bikes and all want to ride Thu-Sat and probably be in some of the races.
If anyone has a name/number of a rental outfit in Calif, please post here so I can call and find out what it takes to rent a few for the week...
All will be flying in through Miami to OKC, except Milton who is coming with me from Chicagoland...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Trying to find loaner bikes for 3 days, for 5 riders may be a little tough, lol.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
I checked out  MXRENTALS IN SoCal and JOURNEYOUTDOORMOTORS in Denver;

MXRENTALS only does "guided" rentals... $1100 to ship 5 bikes plus $925 per bike for the week..... they protect their bikes by their "guide"being on site.

JOURNEY seems to have only 2 KLX and not interested outside Colorado. $595 for 3 days...

DREAMTOURS in Socal has not reacted to my email.... but I assume same story.

The guys may as well buy used bikes for the occasion and resell them afterwards..... not a viable option. 

PS: just received email from CalAdventures/CMATours.... they will be making me an offer shortly..... I like the "can-do" business attitude; it may not be a good deal but they are "thinking" about it....

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Since a couple of these fella's are pro's and they are all from another country, I wonder if there would be any chance of a local shop wanting to 'sponsor' them by renting them used bikes? Just throwing out some ideas here. What about checking with Guy to see if he has a couple of bikes he'd rent out?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Pokie- I know for sure that I won't be riding the Saturday MX races, so my bike is for sure available. It's not ideal, I know, but hey.... I'd love to see it go fast for once ;) And whenever I'm not on it, anyone can snag it. Wish I had a real spare to bring.

Also, I'll for sure have an extra sleeping bag, and maybe even room in the tent trailer. I at least will have a spare tent for anyone to pitch if needed, as well as an air mattress.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
ZIO... thanks, may be we will be able to have enough bikes for all of them to ride most of the time...

MR LUCKEY: already contacted Coop.... no response from him yet! may be the local dealer(s) will see this as a business opportunity.,..

Milton

Sponsoring Member
Sep 2, 2002
Im seeing all your comments and really we appreciate it every idea, by the way we need some wash bucket too,LOL

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Pokie
ZIO... thanks, may be we will be able to have enough bikes for all of them to ride most of the time...

I won't be there till wed night, but I'll be more than glad to help acommodate if needed. Any one of them is free to ride my bike if they want. Especially since I spend most of my time BSing with people instead of riding. Also, I am coming alone but will have an 8-man tent w/ 3 rooms. If any of them need a place to camp they're more than welcome. The "rooms" in the tent are sectioned off so they'll have a little "privacy".

Milton

Sponsoring Member
Sep 2, 2002
Thanks Green Horn, you can count with some fellow from Argentina sending time with ya, thats for sure.
Thanks a lot

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Pokie & Milton,

Please check out Eagle Rider

One of the sales reps I deal with used this company when he comes to S.F. They have branches throughout the western U.S.
If there is a logistics problem with picking up &/or dropping off, post it here. I'm sure this group can figure something out! :thumb:

B

biglou

Originally posted by Milton
Im seeing all your comments and really we appreciate it every idea, by the way we need some wash bucket too,LOL
Milton-bwsift and some of the other members built the "spodewash" last year for those who are "tenting it" to shower up in. It will be in place this year along with some improvements to make it better this year. No worries about staying clean! :thumb:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I seem to remember a bike that was getting alot of attention, last year. There was even a picture of it with a rider doing a 'superman'....
Maybe one of the pros could use it, if it shows up.
You know, the pink one?

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Milton, you had better check more closely, it may not be a girl under the 'robe'...

Top Bottom