ray004

May 1, 2001
My kdx200 96 model seems to be way too heavy on fuel heavier than an rmx250 for instance.We ride at sea level and the bike goes great.When the bikes been standing for a few days i have noticed it leaks fuel out the carb but have not seen this while out riding.Can you guys point me in the right direction here iv had the carb off but alll seems ok but then i dont know much about them. Any help would be appreciated.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
There are a couple things you’ll what to look for. 1 - your float level might be set too high or the valve worn resulting in a high fuel level. A high fuel level can cause fuel to leak from the overflow tub and onto the ground. 2- your carb may be jetted too rich which delivers more fuel to the engine than it can burn. You can see the unburned fuel leave the engine at the silencer . . . spoog. An overly rich engine will often foul spark plugs. Check out www.justkdx.dirtrider.net click on tech tips then carb tuning and car float level for more info.

David

ray004

May 1, 2001
Thanks David,
Ill check those points by the way there is a lot of 'spoog' coming out of the exhaust I thought it was normal for a 2stroke.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom