mopower440

Jan 27, 2006
How do you slide new handgrips on the handlebars? I thought about using a little dishsoap, but then they would probably spin around on the bars..

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Use some sort of grip adhesive, they work as a lubricant and the grip will slide right on. I personally use 3M Weather Strip Adhesive (cheap and effective). I've had success (in a pinch) with Permatex "Ultra" High Tack Gasket Adhesive. There are a ton of other products that work, including Grip Glue. Don't forget to safety wire, especially if you're riding in wet conditions. I crashed once because I didn't safety wire. The previous owner installed that grip as well, so I don't know what it was glued with.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I use hairspray and safety wire. Probably what works the best though is some clear cloat spraypaint with safety wire. Just spray some on the grip and on the bar and they slide right on.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I second the 3M Weatherstrip adhesive. I have never lost a grip it. Good stuff. I've never found the need to safety wire a grip to keep it on. They hold so well it's a nightmare removing them for replacement.

Top Bottom