chillywilly

Jul 12, 2008
As said in another thread, i just picked up a 85 rm 125. It had no top end what so ever, and i was told that 84-85 engines are the same. I missed one on e-bay last night. :bang: But another came up today, :) the only problem is it is listed as a 81. It looks to be the same style as the 84-85 with the single reed plate, 6 mounting bolts, and a round carb mount. I looked it up on ronnies.com and found that 81 had 2 models, z and x. One is the single reed plate, and the other is a typical V reed block. Does anyone know if the one on e-bay will fit my 85, sure looks like it. I do not know how to put links into a thread, so if you could look at it, just search rm 125 cylinder and you should find it. Item # is 190284395560. if you scroll down there is another one listed in stores for a 81 and you can see the different reed mounting. I appreaciate(sp) any help, as i am getting excited to start my restoration. Thanks, Bill

gregorious77

Feb 1, 2009
Here are a few pics of my 84 bottom end
This is what I guess yours looks like.
2pshf2f.jpg

5n10k0.jpg

mc3pmr.jpg

gregorious77

Feb 1, 2009
looking again closer that cylinder is different. it looks smooth on the outside mine has lumps at the top and the cooling waterways are different.

Top Bottom