Midol

Jun 29, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
175cm/5'8''
68kg/150pounds BUT I usually sit closer to 64kg

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I misunderstood this - I thought it meant aggressive as in I want to punch you in the face :P

I am an aggressive rider.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Mostly on our property so fields but buying it for trails so that's it's number #1 use. Must be road worthy though.

Our property will be getting small jumps built on it soon and I am making a small track since my bro's do motocross and they need to practice so being able to rip around that would be a bonus.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
A bit, my brothers 80 and my mates 225 for about 1 year.
ETA: On the PW80's over 500 hours riding.
On the 85 small wheel about 200 hours (Can't break this one).
On the 225 about 150 hours.

So total 850 hours.

5) Do you think you will race ?
Definitely not.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Mostly.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Yes. Kawasaki. I like green and prefer the sound of a Kawasaki. I'd now prefer a 4-stroke for sound levels.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
I can get most brands near my place, but my preference is Kawasaki.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Not phased but cheaper is better. Will be going second hand as I'll upgrade as soon as my licence allows me.

10) Do you live in California?
Nah.

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
250cc max - Can't get licenced for anything higher.

Any advice would be great! Remember I am Australia so try to recommend bigger brands that will definitely be here!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
Don't mean to argue (as I know very little on this) but would a 100/125 be powerful and big enough?

My brothers PW80 YZinger's can't go trail bike riding (too small, not enough power) and his 85 small wheel can't either (same deal). We just can't get up the hills due to the huge rocks! Pain in the arse pushing them (not to mention embarrassing :P).

Mates 225 can just handle it, not enough power as it is old.

Will a 100/125 be powerful enough and bike enough for riding? How long would it be before I need to upgrade because I get bored of the power? My brother is looking at getting a 125 this Christmas and he is only 13!

Ohhh, being able to double as a farm bike would be great since I am getting into agriculture!

ETA: I also read 125s only have good top end power. Could that pose a problem on these trails? They are pretty steep, steep enough that I can't push any of my brothers bikes up (including the PW80s).

ETA2: I would actually like to change my preference to a 4 stroke, 2 strokes being loud might piss my neighbours off and there is nothing worse than neighbours who make too much noise!

Last edited:

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
Just thought I'd update.

I am fairly certain I'll go a 2 stroke 125 and then just get a small 250 road bike for the streets (till I can upgrade).

May 10, 2007
k dont look at your brother and go hes 13 and is getting a 125 OMG i can handle it if he can cuz 125's if riden to the full of their power have a lot of it. most people dont ride them that hard.

also 4 strokes are not much quieter. thumpers make a lot of noise.

if your riding technical stuff then you might want the 250 cuz it will have more bottom end. 2t or 4t they both have bottom end. 2t 250's have power all around.

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
I was wrong anyway :P He is getting an 85 big wheel at Christmas, he is to small for a 125 apparently.

I think I should go to my brothers motocross club and talk to those guys in person - see what they thing and have a quick ride on a few different bikes (we know some guys with a 250 4 stroke, 125 2 stroke and a 100 2 stroke).

Top Bottom