Help me decide what to buy, YZ vs KX

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
IVe got a little money put aside for winter projects...I race vintage MX in AHRMA, and I am trying to buy a newer machine than I am used to.....

A good friend of mine has offered to sell me his YZ465. Its been totally redone and has zero hours on it. As luck would have it I also have a line on a 1987 KX500. Its in original condition, looks kind of old and drab, but the guy says it runs great.

The KX does not really have a place in AHRMA, its too new for ultima class, and the best I could do is rie it in modern suppoert class.

The YZ fits right in in Gran Prix class and I would get to race against alot of my friends.

THe YZ is a great deal, the KX costs about what its worth...

This is the thing, Ive got a KAwasaki jones for sure, ive always wanted a KX500 but the YZ is the more logical choice for vintage racing.

Will the YZ465 make me as scared as the KX500? Thats what Im looking for, a beast that will leave me shaking!!

Any comments would be appreciated!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As a Yamaha fan, I would pic the KX500! The YZ will leave you shakin' from just sitting on it running.:) The KX has been made long enough that parts will be able to found and since your wanting race, that might be a consideration. Either beast would be total fun.

Top Bottom