xlr857

Oct 23, 2005
1) your physical size? 5' 11" 155lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Very physical, new to riding though.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Everything I can.
4) Do you have any riding experience? Quads, small dirtbike when i was a kid
5) Do you think you will race ? Doubtful
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Open at this point
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All Brands available
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 4,000
10) Do you live in California? No ,
11) Your age? 31

I am kind of interested in a YZ 125, but not sure if that is the best choice. They are cheap and plentiful here new and used. Also like the ease of maintenace on a 2 stroke. Thanks for any opinions.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
With your size, weight, price range, and experience, you will be fine on any full size bike. It's really a matter of personal preference. A yz 125 would be great. They have great bottom end for a 125. I've seen new 07s in the paper in my area for under 4k. The best thing I can tell you is get the newest bike you can. Good luck!

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
You are not heavy, so a 125cc smoker will be good for you, you can stick with YZ.

Easy maintenance, light bike, good power, and will give a lot of experiance in a short time..

scradzy

Sep 12, 2007
I used to have a YZ 125 before i stepped up to the 250 and when i had it i felt it was a little underpowered and it was still a heavily modified bike. so if you were planning on riding with other people id be more inclined to go for a bigger 2 stroke or a big bore 4 stroke but because of your experience id suggest a 250f.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom