Help me understand what I did wrong.....

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I posted in the general discussion forum about finding out sites that provide dirtbike values, and I guess that because it contained some dollar values , it got pushed into the for sale forum. i can handle that, even though it was ahonest discussion, not a true for sale post.

what does have me confused is my true for sale post got wiped out. why?

i'll take my beating as dictated, but why the deletion?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I checked out your post in the For Sale Forum and two posts into the thread you stated...
1996 Honda CR500
I'm selling my 1996 Honda CR500 - the wife & I have hit some unexpected expenses. Anybody got lucky lotto numbers? Hopefully I can find an old dirtbike to feed the need until things turn around.

The engine is untouched (stock). I change oil every other ride (about every 5 hours of riding) and clean the filter after each ride. She has a FMF Gold Fatty Pipe and Turbine Core QII spark arrestor. She also has a billet throttle tube, new grips and Rental Twin Wall bars (both new). She has never been raced.

She runs great - there's nothing quite like a 500cc 2-stroke. I've seen several for sale around 3k, kbb.com says 2,500. How about $2,300?

Correct me if I am wrong but it appears you're trying to sell a bike. ;) As for your other post, I don't know. Never saw it, and never will. :)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
As one of the mods of the "For Sale/Wanted" forum I can tell you that I have not removed any post you have made there. Also, I agree with Green Horn. Your post went from being a question to a item for sale and was moved to the correct forum.

Mully

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You didn't do anything wrong .

Your original For Sale post and the What Value post were merged. The title of the new merged post is the same as your original For Sale post so that it was still clear you were selling a bike. The two posts were logically linked so merging them in the For Sale forum just made sense. It also helped your post out by bumping it back up to the top of the first page for a while . ;)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Thanks Rich. That was the explanation I was looking for. Again, I can understand the move to some extent. It just seemed like all I had now was a discussion about selling my bike and not a "direct" for sale post.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I edited the thread to make it a bit clearer.

Top Bottom