Help ! Mikuni Tm34 Jetting For Xr 250

bbullet

Apr 13, 2002
I HAVE A '96 XR 250 WITH FMF Q PIPE, AND STANDARD FREE MODS. I AM EXPECTING RECEIPT OF MY TM 34 CARB THIS WEEK, AND I AM HOPING SOME OF YOU OUT THERE CAN HELP ME WITH SOME BASELINE JETTING. I PLAN ON USING A K&N FILTER LATER, BUT I WILL USE THE UNI RIGHT NOW. I AM AT 1000-1500 FT IN ELEVATION. STOCK BORE AND CAM. I WILL ADD THE WISECO 284 KIT AND HOTCAM IN AUGUST WITH SOME MILD PORTING. I AM HOPING SOMONE CAN HELP ME WITH ANY JETTING RECCOMENDATIONS FOR CURRENT MODS AND FOR THE FUTURE ONES MENTIONED ABOVE. ALSO I AM WONDERING IF THE STOCK THROTTLE CABLE(S) WILL WORK. I NOTICED THAT THE XR'S ONLY TM34 KIT COMES WITH A GUNNAR GASSER THROTTLE AND CABLES AND THEY JET FOR YOUR CURRENT ENGINE SPECS. I COULD'NT PASS UP THE DEAL ON THE CARB ELSEWHERE FOR $150. I WOULD KINDLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION !!!!!
THANKS,
BULLET BOB

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey Bob. No need to shout, we hear ya. :)

Try these guys. Sudco International. 323-728-5407.

They should be able to give you a good baseline for your jetting.

Good luck.

Ol'89r

Last edited:

bbullet

Apr 13, 2002
thanks 'Ol'89r........
but Sudco was of no help. According to their tech, they have never done ANY r &d on any Xr250. However, I did manage to find a baseline setting for my modified XR250(284).If anyone is interested in the baseline jetting for a Mikuni TM34 on an XR250 with 284 kit, hotcam, freemods,FMF Q pipe, and some porting, they are as follows as per Al Baker's XR's only:
Main Jet = 195
Pilot = 40
jet needle = 6DH3
needle jet = 02

I have not confirmed this setup yet( I havent even ordered the parts), but I will post final settings upon completion of final modifications and tuning........

If anyone cares..............................................................

Bullet Bob

tepco

Mar 29, 2001
Huy dude i cant help you with your jetting issue, but i can help financially by buying your stock carb. I have a '91XR250L and im looking to off this stock restricted, non adjustable, street carb for a stock R model carb. So if your interested let me know. Oh did i say PLEASE....

Top Bottom