Help mounting drink system to chest protector

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
I've been searching the forum using camelback & chest protector as search words & reading for what seems like hours. I have yet to find a good way to mount my drink system to the chest protector.

I've tried wearing it underneath but I don't feel it would be comfortable for long.(straps cutting into shoulders)

I mounted the straps over the back panel of my airframe & the weight pulled the front panel up to my chin.

I remember reading how to do this on DRN a long time ago but of course I didn't pay much attention back then.

Thanks in advance.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
You could drill holes in the chest protector and then pop rivet through the nylon straps of the camelbak. Or if you wanted to make it removable you could use #10 nuts and screws or maybe even some good quality(T&B) tyraps. I've seen it done quite a few different ways.

Mark

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I tried that ( mounting camelback to a CP ) uesd heavy zip ties, held up fine, the problem I had was the weight of the camelback with water kept forcing the front of the CP up around my neck and was uncomfortable; I gave up and went with a balistic shirt under my jersey and wore the CB like normal

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Same here...tried attaching to CP but didn't like the weight pulling the front up into my chin. I wear mine under the CP.Also, when going under hanging limbs, theres a chance the drink system will get snagged.I would like to be able to wear it on the outside if someone has an idea to remedy it pulling the front up.

Top Bottom