Cornflake79

May 22, 2012
Hey guys, Im new here. I inherited this bike and need some info on it. Trying to figure out the model and year. Also wondering how much it would be worth. It hasnt been started in about 4 years. Any info you could give me would be a great help. Thanks you

Attachments

• YAMAHA.png
    YAMAHA.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 107

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Looks like a 1978 Yamaha DT175 or something close to that.

If that is a recent picture, it is in great shape and looks all original and low miles, probably mostly street miles, too. For dirt use, most people would have removed the luggage rack, mirror, etc...and the original front fender would be long gone.

As to value, probably not much. Best bet is finding someone who had one or really wanted one back in '78, and does not have time to restore one. That perfect buyer is going to be very rare. To a beginning rider who wants a cheap, street legal bike to learn on, maybe you can get $500 - $600 if it runs as good as it looks.

All this is just my guess, so good luck!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 78's and 79's were available in blue. I'd be interested in having that bike. I've got a 79 125 but it is in really bad shape. Always wanted the 175.

Cornflake79

May 22, 2012
Thats Great Dave, thank you so much for the info. Huge help. Yes, its a resent photo. Its pretty dusty, have to put some soap and water on it this weekend. Thanks again!

Top Bottom