bohneman

Mar 22, 2007
Any thoughts as to where the best place to buy OEM parts for a 1991 KDX 200?

I placed a huge order earlier in the week with bikebandit, and now every time I check their order system, something new has been marked “not available”, or “backordered”. I figured if it showed quantity during the order process, that naturally it was available. I now have a disassembled bike sitting in my way in the garage, with no idea as to what parts I might get!

bohneman

Mar 22, 2007
Uh…that is where I ordered stuff from, and now the status keeps coming up as backordered or unavailable, but thanks for the info anyways.

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
If you want it fast, you'll have to go thru your local kawi dealer. If you let people know where you live, maybe someone will be able to tell you the best kawi dealer in your area. Otherwise you can try ronayers.com but be prepared to wait a week or two.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
bohneman said:
Any thoughts as to where the best place to buy OEM parts for a 1991 KDX 200?

I placed a huge order earlier in the week with bikebandit, and now every time I check their order system, something new has been marked “not available”, or “backordered”. I figured if it showed quantity during the order process, that naturally it was available. I now have a disassembled bike sitting in my way in the garage, with no idea as to what parts I might get!

As of late, Bike Bandit has flat-out sucked. Parts I ordered overnight air delivery and verified via phone call that they were in stock showed up 3 (yes, t-h-r-e-e) weeks later...after parts I ordered a week later to be delivered via ground shipping arrived.

The initial order sat there for 2.5 weeks in "on order" status while I received tracking numbers and then the actual parts for the other orders.

Additionally, I received "today" the notification email from bike bandit stating my order has shipped...this was for an order that arrived 19 March...5 days ago.

On a scale of 1-10, I rate them a -2.

Try DGY to see if they have the parts in stock.

sjp

Dec 17, 2006
If it's Kaw hard parts the best is the Kaw dealer. Mine is 3-5 working days.

But if there is a local shop that deals in lots of aftermarket parts that's where you start.
I know that Moose makes a complete top end gskt set with a base and head gskt, all the gskts for the bolt on top end pieces, the seals for the KIPS and o-rings for the pipe and I think it's around $30. The head gskt alone is over $20 from a dealer. If it's not a Kaw hard part you can find it cheaper and faster elsewhere. Good Luck.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
You can try motosport outlet, they have OEM parts for Honda and Kawasaki and they do next day air shipping. I checked their site but it looks like the oldest model KDX they have parts for is a 1995 so not sure if it will work for you and your 91'. I guess it depends on what parts you need, there were not many major changes to the KDX for years at a time. Although I think between 91 and 95 they made some significant changes. But something for you to look at as an option.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/oem.php?make=KAWASAKI&nav=7

Top Bottom