dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Need some help.

I have oil coming out of the breather hole on my 2004 CRF250.

I think it is due to oil migrations. (tranny oil moving to engine side)

I already replaced the left and right balancer bearing and seals, I also replaced the clutch side crank seal and inspected the bearings which were fine. (I did it last weekend.) When I took it out for a ride today, I still had the same problem. :bang:

Oil out the breather hole and more oil on the engine side and less oil in the tranny side. Could it be the left side crank seal??? :whoa:

I did a search about the oil out the breather hole and some people are saying it could be that I need to replace my top end. That could fix the oil out the breather hole issue but what about the oil migrations problem?? :|

Also when I changed the seals I found oil all around my stator. Is this normal for 4 strokes?? :whoa:

On my rm250 (2 stroke) the stator was dry (no oil).

An answers would be helpful.

Thanks

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Oil will be on the flywheel/stator side after all thats where you put it in at. Check your RH crank seal again, even if you changed it. The seal needs to sit flush with the case. There is no room for error, if the seal is pushed in even 1mm it can have the inside lip of the seal past where it needs to be to seal.

gary2010

Jun 16, 2010
what colour is the oil coming out of the pipe? if its a gey colour there will be water gettin in with the oil, if its grey change all the seal on the water pump

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Whatever you do don't ask BP what to do! :)

Top Bottom