Nov 25, 2006
Hey guys, i'm a trail rider from orange county ny, i'd like to start racing in harescrambles and enduro's, or at least go to some legal riding places. I've been on some of those sites but they're so confusing, the one site said you have to be 16 year old, and i am only 15. Can someone help me find a place where i can race?

Nov 25, 2006
this is going to be costly, correct? I thought the junior enduro rules stated no membership needed?
Yes, it states it is not neccesary for junior enduros, neither for junior harescrambles, i just won't get championship points. Not a big deal, i just want to be there and compete and have fun.

Last edited:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
No, you most def need AMA and NETRA. I think what your looking at is the rule about local club membership, a rider can only collect points if they belong to a local m/c club.
Yeah, the memberships get pricy year after year but you can't race without them.

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
the one site said you have to be 16 year old, and i am only 15
Were they referring to Tug Hill? That's the only legal trail system run by NYS. I know there's an age requirement for ATV's, but I'm not sure if it applies to DB's.

You probably know about the mx tracks near you (Walden, Ace and Diamondback).

p.s. Mototown in CT (mototownusa.com) is supposedly having an indoor harescramble on May 12 & 13.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2006
25.00 for the netra membership and 39.00 for the ama is fine with me, but does your bike need to be registered and insured?
I do know about those tracks, i've ridden there but woods riding is so much better.

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
I do know about those tracks, i've ridden there but woods riding is so much better.
I agree!!! :cool:

You could always go to MA but that's a bit of a hike from Orange Cnty. $30.00 reg. fee and riding is free in 2 state parks. Bikes need to be registered, but I don't think ins. is req'd.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Junior Enduros are all off-road events. No registration or insurance is required. You will need to be an AMA and a NETRA member or purchase a one-day NETRA guest pass. A Jr. Enduro is basically a hare scramble with check points. Don't confuse it with an (adult) enduro where you need to understand timekeeping.

Top Bottom