Help please

thefuzz

Mar 15, 2009
I can't post what I am trying to ask because of links in my first post....but there are no links in there.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Well you can obviously post, so just ask.

thefuzz

Mar 15, 2009
To sum it up...

I am between wanting a 250f or a 450f....250 sometimes is not enough...450 sometimes is too much...

I am wondering if I should get a 250 and bore, pipe, jet it, etc...or man up and get the 450 and just ride it easy.

Also wondering about the Husky TE 310 and how much aftermarket parts are, and how the reliability is with the husky's....

I do want elec start, and I have ridden a KLX 250 quite a bit, but sometimes it not enough for me...

any thoughts???

thefuzz

Mar 15, 2009
6-1...200lbs
fairly aggressive, not crazy though
fields, pleasure riding, trails
ridden ATV's all my life been riding cycles the past year or so
will not race
I will do most of the bike work, almost all
would rather stay with 4 stroke
no preferance on brand
$ is not the issue
27 years old

I want a pretty dependable bike, elec start, preferably 4 stroke, but am in between 250 and 450 f's.

curious about the new husky 310.

any experience with boring the 250f's to get it up to 300cc's or so, to get a little more out of the bikes.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are kits on the market to take the Japanese 250Fs to 265cc and 290cc safely and cost effectively. They work really well and are easily to install and live with.

The Husky 310 looks like a fantastic bike and has gotten some good magazine reviews but it's so new finding someone who owns one that can comment on it might be tough.

For whatever it's worth, if Husky builds a street legal SuperMoto version of the 310, I'll buy one. ;)

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
Incase you don't know a 4 stroke Dirt bike is going to take a lot of rather expensive maintance to keep it running reliably...they are not like ATVs where you just change the oil once in a while...just to let you know if you want reliability you wont find it in a 4T motorcross bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…