Help....Puddle under my bike ???

MotoBK

Dec 5, 2009
I took my KDX 220 out last Sunday morning for a ride. Ran great, brought it home...washed it put it in the garage on the kickstand. Last night I decided to put it up on the floor stand. I just went out to the garage tonight....and there is what appears to be gearbox oil on the ground. It is not leaking from the bottom. There is also oil running evidence that it has ran down the carb...there is a droplet on the bowl drain.....what is this.....where is it coming from? When I did the gear oil...I did over fill it a bit by about 150ml.....any idea??? :( When I had it on the kickstand there was not any puddle?????

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Sometimes a gas leak on a 2 stroke will leave the oil where the gas has evaporated, but in theory your workshop would probably smell of gas if that had happened.
Check:
Is the oil the same color as your premix oil.
Is the oil the same color as you tranny oil.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
julien_d said:
Check the tranny vent line? It runs out of the case just behind the carb.

out of the case behind the kick starter and should be connected to the airbox.

You can normally put a whole quart in with no proplems.

More than likely what is on the carb is different than what is on the floor
you can clean it up again and watch the gear shifter seal, the output shaft seal,the drain bolt, clutch cover gaskets, and check the airbox drain hose by removing the seat and airbox lid (its at the very bottom and should be regularly cleaned anyhow)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2 choices. 1) That vent tube for your crankcases is puking out near the carb? 2) Your bike is a her, and you will have to buy some feminine hygiene products once a month and install them. Its very embarrassing at the grocery check out line, but some guys have to do it. Such is life, Vintage Bob, Hoping its number 1!

MotoBK

Dec 5, 2009
My wife & co-workers practical joke!!!

It seems that after all I was a victim of a practical joke. The guys that I work with know that I have been doing a lot of work & maintenance on the KDX....as it is my first motorcycle. We had a ride planned for Saturday morning, and they thought that it would be funny to have my wife pour motor oil on underneath the KDX. She took it further by drizzling it down the Carb, and the the crankcase. She also put oil in the skid plate...so when I moved it...it leaked some more. She told me at about 11:30 pm as I was throwing my hands up at the whole deal. Thanks to those of you that tried to offer up help. BTW...our big ride was rained out :(

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yes I read that over on TT

you'll want to check you tire pressures befor you ride too I guess

and if you want to get back at your buds sneak one of those tail pipe plugs (alavible in black) into their pipe!!!

Top Bottom