Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
:ohmy: I have a leak in my left radiator and I drips only when the motor is up to temp and running. I can't pinpoint the leak and I think it is at the crimp at the top of the radiator. If so can this be repaired?

My main question is... Is there any type of trick to pinpoint a leak in a radiator. Maybe a dry powder such as Baby Powder..

Thankyou, Any input would be helpful.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
The only trick I know regarding radiators is to send it to Myler's. Great work, good people. I sent him a KTM radiator that was pretty bad off, when he straightened it out the filler neck began to leak. He did a beautiful job of welding on a new billet neck that was 10x's more sturdy than stock, gave me a new cap, only charged me $25 more for the additional work, and called to authorize and apologize about the extra charge but wanted to make sure I didn't have anymore trouble with the rad.

www.motorcycleradiators.com

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Check a local shop first. Sounds like a simple weld job. A friend at work had a leak in his Vulcan. Local shop fix it and cleaned it for less then 30.00. I had a local shop straighten mine and clean them for less than 50.00. Only took a couple days and no shipping.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'd bring it to a shop. If you don't have the bucks and finally do pinpoint the hole. JBWeld works great. I put it on my buds 1993 CR250 about 6 YEARS ago and it is still fine.

Top Bottom