bluefirez

Jul 20, 2006
ok i just bought this 93 suzuki rm 250. when i went to pick it up the guy told me that the last time he started it up it would start up in 1 kick. so he gets on it and it doesnt start for about 60 kicks. when it starts it sounds clean and smooth. but when he went to idol it.... it dies right down again and he couldnt start it back up for another 25 kicks. he told me it hadnt been started in 9 mionths and there was gas in the tank from way back then. so he took out the spark plug and looked at it and it looked smoked with oil dryed oon it and looked like it was shot. there is gas leaking from somewhere im not sure of right now....... i have no idea what to do or what to start doing to try and fix this bike..... anybody have any quick solutions i can start getting at? i want to try and fix this thing..... another thing is that its extremely hard for me to kick start since im only 140 pounds at 5'7........ try and help me out ill try any ideas

hks308

Mod Ban
Jun 4, 2006
there ain't nothing you can do because of your size for kickin that thing, but your leg will get stronger and you will be able to get it better.

psustang89

Jun 22, 2006
How much resistance is there when you move the kicker? If there's not much, then your compression might be real low. The bike could be, and probably is, in need of a new top end. It will make it harder to kick, but much easier to start.

Top Bottom