MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Subject: Help SAVE the Thurston County ORV Park this Monday

Come Help Save the ORV PARK

This Monday 9/15/03 9:00 am Thurston County Courthouse
Courthouse Directions - From I-5 and Highway 101

2000 Lakeridge Dr. S.W., Olympia, WA 98502-6045, (360) 754-3800

Coming from either north or south on I-5, take Exit 104 off of I-5 onto Highway 101

From Highway 101, take the Cooper Pt. Road, Automall Drive, Crosby Blvd. exit. From Cooper Point Rd., turn right at the traffic light onto Evergreen Park Drive and continue approximately 3/4 mile. Turn left onto Lakeridge Drive for approximately 2 blocks.

The Courthouse is located on the right. Parking is available in the front of the Courthouse complex. Parking is limited due to construction.

The Coalition has put together a 20 page presentation with attachments supporting the data collected over the past year. We had request a public hearing in May but have not been granted one as of yet. We are going to public meeting with the county commissioner to share with them the data and supporting documents that we have gather. We are trying to get as many ORV users and supporters as we can to attend this meeting Monday Sept 15th.

PLEASE PASS THIS FLYER ON TO THE USERS AND SUPPORTS OF THE THURSTON COUNTY ORV SPORTS PARK.

For more in call 425-745-4010

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Is anyone going? I should be able to attend, and will see if I can get another guy who I know won't be working to come. I'll really only be a body there, as I don't really know too much about what's going on, but a body is better than nothing......

Jeremy

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Bless you Hondaxrguy. Having bodies there is hugely important.

These things are always short notice and on work / school days. Anyone who can make it will make a big difference.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
And if you have any jeep or buggy buddies or performance rally buddies, let them know. They are really hung out to dry worse than us dirt bikers.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
This is so frustrating!

Hi-Ho Silver! Awayyyyyy!

All the time and effort that was spent to put this together and we, the concerned users and members of the NMA get a whopping 24hrs notice. Nothing on the NMA site, nothing on the e-mail! Nothing! Nada! Not a thing! We get notified if we happen to find a post on another board and follow it over here. Sheesh! All the supposed good the NMA or "coalition" is supposed to be doing and this is the best call for support they can muster?

No wonder we are losing ground faster than a riverbank in a Texas flood. This opportunity is gone before we have a chance to blink.

20 pages of presentation don't mean squat if you don't have 20 butts to fill seats to back it up! Without showing grassroots support for your proposal you won't get jack back.

Thanks anyway for the heads up, Mace! Give my best to the NMA and the "Coalition"

NMA# 1027,8,9,0,1

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
:| Didn't make it to the meeting. I got there a few mins after 9 after missing the turn into the parking lot because of the construction, and then there was NOWHERE to park. There were several other vehicles circleing the lot looking for a place to park as well. 9:15-9:20, I figured the meeting was just about over, so I headed back home. I should have gotten there early so I could have parked in another lot a few blocks away, and walked. :|

Some good news, it looked like there were a few dirt biker vehicles parked there so there should have been SOME attendance.

Jeremy

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Went pretty well I think, there were probably about a dozen people showing their support for re-opening the park, pretty much everyone in the room. What will become of it --- ? Now I see Pierce County has shut down Bonney Lake Mx for some reason or another -- when will these folks get a clue.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
I had an interesting conversation with one of our club members this weekend. He's an old rancher that has done trail work for years & years in the Idaho Panhandle/NE Washington systems. He is the guy that really helped educate the FS up north on why we don't want our singletrack trails turned into quadways.

Anyways, he is very frustrated with the way things are going in the Colville area, as we all are. His theory is that the FS is afraid of the environmentalists because they hold the FS ACCOUNTABLE by questioning everything and threatening legal action if they don't like the response. On the otherhand, we as dirtbikers try to cooperate with the FS and are just too easy going with them. Oh, you didn't get the trail maintenance you promised us done, well maybe next year. You got a grant for MOTORIZED use but you used some of it to close off our trails, well at least we still have SOME trails.

It is as though we feel that we don't DESERVE to have access & the ability to recreate on OUR public land. We want to enjoy the land but subconsciously, we have bought into the enviro's idea that we really aren't supposed to be there.

I thought about this over the weekend and I finally realized that we can not be friends with the FS, DNR, BLM, etc. etc. We have to get better at DEMANDING they provide recreational opportunities for us. The Enviro's have gotten their way by DEMANDING that land is closed or protected so we need to learn from that. We have to hold those that manage our lands accountable.

Maybe I'm just slow and I think the NMA and a few other's have previously come to this conclusion, but I hadn't realized just how damned nice I've been when working with the FS. I need to start treating them like the DOT or a subcontractor - now THAT's what I can relate to.

Natester55

Jun 13, 2002
Couldn't agree more. We've been trying to be friends with the FS and the BLM in hopes that they'll respond to reason. We need to assert our rights and develop the religous fervor for our cause similar to that of the envirowackos. They lobby and protest and file suit for fun; we ride for fun, so we're at a disadvantage. The only way to close the gap is for people to quit being so complacent and actually get out and make a difference. If any of you reading this don't have time to be an "offroad activist", then donate to AMA, BRC, NMA, etc. Happy trails.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Absolutely,

These are not friends they are our employees. We hold them accountable for all aspects of thier public service because that is their JOB!

They are not doing us favors, they are employed by us with our funds to do our will............. We don't have to be rude but we have to let them know who they work for! We deserve these trails and we deserve the assets built with public funds and it is not up to the whim of high minded beauracrats to subvert due process.

They are not reasonable so its a waste of time to reason with them. Show force and take them to task if they don't get the picture.

Top Bottom