cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
Has any one every put a Motion Pro throttle tube on their KTM. I installed one last night and everytime I tighten the bolts on the throttle assembly it jambs up the throttle action. I reinstalled it about four times to no avail. The KTM shop said this is the correct tube even though the package says it is for a honda. Are these two tubes interchangable? The motion pro seems to be slightly different...the guides (????) that fit into the throttle assembly are not spaced the same, there is about a 1/16 difference.

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
Just talked to the dealer again. This is the first throttle tube from Motion Pro he has sold, so he was unware of any problems. This was his alternative for the expensive KTM product. At least he said I could return it.

P_Taylor

Uhhh...
Jun 17, 2000
I used an aluminum throttle tube in a `98 300 and I used it in a Honda throttle assembly as well as the KTM assembly. I don`t remember the brand of it , but it did fit both throttles.

Montana300

May 4, 2000
I remember the last time I had my throttle assembly apart, upon reassembly I realized that the little metal ball on the end of the throttle cable was offset as pinched onto the cable, and if installed backwards [or upside down] that it would bind because the wider side of the metal ball would contact the throttle assembly. Might check your cable orientation.

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
I think the problem is with the throttle assembly instead of the tube....It is the correct tube according to Motion Pro. I may just buy an entire new throttle. Any good products out there and where to buy? Has anyone tried the Motion Pro Turbo or Vortex throttles?

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
Strick,

I almost forgot to ask...were the motion pro cables for the KTM or for another brand that are interchangeable? I cant find motion pro cables for KTM.

Top Bottom