Help to get a 89 cr125 going again!!!

2strokeboi

May 12, 2007
Hey guys

Ok, took my bike out for the first time in the bush with some mates (im just starting) and everything was going fine until i did a water crossing, which literally engulfed the bike in water up to the seat (yes stupid me) which drowned the bike, and now i can't start it again.

I noticed i lost alot of oil in the water so first thing when i got home was replaced the oil (and it was a grey colour (not cool)), and dried out the air filter. Also i took the spark plug out to check if it was sparking and it looked like water was on the end of the plug, i cleaned it up and it did spark.

Also another thing that i noticed was when i tried to kick it over it didn't feel like it had much friction (felt like it was sliding) like normal and it had no signs of life.

Um also tried rool starting it and it came out with a soft low rumbling noise and didn't even sound like it was gonna start.

SO, what do you guys reckon? did i stuff it up completely on my first ride or what? And what should i do?

Cheers Nath

2strokeboi

May 12, 2007
ok thanks for that sixds
_JOE_ how much is a 144 kit worth????
im guessing it will need to be bored out for that also right?
What other work will that involve?
Nath

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
tip it upside down with spark plug out see if water is hiding..give it some kicks upside down clear exhaust..drain carbi..find a big hill to push start and keep trying its hard to kick over..good luck..i mite not b right :)

Top Bottom