HELP!!! Unknown KDX model. Can not find parts!

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Good day everybody,

I am presently helping a friend to repair what seems to be a "street version" of a KDX250. However, I can not find any part references for that model:
Chassis # DX250F 011226.
Engine # DX250FE 007224.

I checked with my usual Kawasaki dealer in Belgium but those numbers are unknown to him.

I went through www.buykawasaki.com and can not find that bike either. According to their part catalogs, the design of the cylinder is similar to the 91 thru 94 KDX250. So I assume that this bike was made in the 90s.
However, it is quite different and here are some clues for you to help me identify that bike:
- steel gas tank,
- std electrical equipment found on trail bikes,
- crankcase equiped with oil pump for engine lubrication,
- cylinder without central exhaust valve (it only has the std rotary drums on the sub-exhaust ports),
- cylinder without "Boyesen ports",
- crankcase equiped with a counter-balancer behind the magneto cover next to the flywheel,...

I will need parts, so if anyone knows anything about those bikes and where to get the parts, please let me know.

Thanks ... and Happy New Year to all.
Yoken.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Judging by what you've said and the #'s given, it's some sort of KDX250SR. Maybe a grey import. Check out the two links below to confirm.
http://limeade.infoseek.livedoor.com/1990kdx250sr.html
http://www.mc99.co.jp/mvp/member/new/kawasaki/99911-1216-03/pic/color.html
Also, if you look at: http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/newread10.html you will see someone from these forums has one, from the Philippines. Owner: Jim Goshert (kmx125r on forums page)
Year :1992 KDX250SR (F2)

Hope that helps (I'd try the UK for parts?)

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hello Yoken,

I, too, own a KDX250SR (it's in Manila and I'm currently in the US - I will return to Manila July 2003)... parts hunting is a bit of a hassle, but really engine parts are the only real problem.

As you mentioned, the bike does not have the main exhaust valve... another item to note, the piston/ring combination for a US version KDX250 DOES NOT work in the SR model. I learned that bit the hard way. Happily, while I've been home in the US I bought a Stateside KDX250, so now I have a top end kit for it when it needs it. The carb on an SR model is a 33mm not the 38mm of the US version.

I have found the wheels/suspension parts/frame parts (except the "buddy pegs")/brake parts to be the same as the US version.

I have been lucky regarding engine parts because I have a Japanese friend who visits the Philippines periodically. He can purchase parts (any parts) for my KDX250SR right at the local Kawasaki parts counter and he hand carries them over for me.

When I first got my bike I did contact Elliot Cycles in the UK and they were willing and able to source parts for me and my SR model. I initially found them by searching on the Internet for "KDX250SR" - they happened to have one for sale, so I contacted them about parts etc. They may be the best option for you in your location.

If you like, we can correspond via email about this bike and I can give you some more info without taking up forum space.

My email is jagkdx@hotmail.com

I have a link to a "buy kawasaki" like site that will give you part numbers for your bike. I can give you that, too.

I await your email...

Happy New Year.

Jim

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hi again Yoken,

I see Michelle and I were replying at the same time! I just noticed her reply after I posted my reply...

Get in touch with me at jagkdx@hotmail.com for further information...

Jim

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Thank you Michelle and Jim for your valuable info.
Now I've got a better idea of where I'm stepping into with that bike.
I'll have a look at those links and will come back to you later...
it's 11.10pm here. Just came back from the gym and need to sleep now...

Happy New Year,
Eric.

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Hi Jim,

The bike owner is presently on vacation... in Philippines!
I gave him ur email address and he'll be in touch with you soon.
Thanks for ur help.
Yoken.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…