kswanson

Mar 26, 2008
I'm hoping that someone in this forum can help me with picking a bike for my son. He is going to be 11 and I want to buy him a dirt bike. We have already looked at the Kawasaki KLX110 and it seems to fit him good.

However, I am trying to pick up a used bike so I cannot keep my list narrowed to the KLX. I've been looking at the XR100 and TTR90.

However, I am not sure about the height on these bikes and to go or not go with a clutch for the first bike.

My son is rather small for his age group. He is about 66lbs and is about 54" tall.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sickboy

May 10, 2001
My brother in law is 11 going on 12 this year and he just got a CRF-150F last year. It was a little big for him last year but he handled it well, and this year he's grown into it to the point where he doesn't look so small riding it. They're nice bikes and big/powerful enough that he wouldn't outgrow it for a few years.

sako

Feb 12, 2008
My daughter is 9yo and darn near the same wt/ht. She just started a few weeks ago on the klx110 and it is a perfect fit. Could she grow out of it this year? No. Next year, possibly, but only due to height change. All the other makes and models were too big is size. As far as the performance, she handles it with no problem. It requires shifting, but no clutch which is ok in my book. Once she gets the shifting down, next bike will have the clutch. Good luck!

Top Bottom