HELP With CR 125 2001 Rebuild Issue's

knocka

Oct 7, 2007
I recently put a new piston and ring in my Cr 125, 2001. To my surprise i went to go for a ride and i realised that my kick starter would only kick down half way, when the piston gets to the top of it's stroke it jam's there until you put the bike in gear and roll it backwards, momenteraly the piston become's free until i go to start my bike and the same happens. I put brand new gaskets in it at the same time, made myself 100% sure that the piston is in the right way and is the correct size, any thought's on what might have caused this and how can i fix it.

KnoXSyde

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I've seen the CR250's lock up like that when you put the kick start idler gear in upside down. If upside down, the gear will sort of mesh with the primary reduction gear on the clutch basket. It allows the engine to rotate a litlte bit, then locks it up.

knocka

Oct 7, 2007
Engine Crank Getting Stuck

I have to say i never took anything apart of the kick starter, the kick starter releases back up to the top of it's cycle when the kick starter is kicked but the piston stay's at the top of it's crank.

Thanks for the suggestions.

knocka

Oct 7, 2007
Dont i look and sound dumb but you would not believe it but somehow the bloke at the moto shop got me a skinnier gasket base gasket and as there is not enough clearance space for the piston to do its full cycle and thank's again for all your help.

Top Bottom