2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
Im confused....heres the complete story. Me and a buddy were riding and we came back for a drink i noticed my coolant was leaking. I think it was low when i had got it...Let it sit for a few days then finally got back to it and changed the oil, and cleaned the spark plug. Then rode it....It bogged and puffed white smoke...Then let it sit for another day. Today i got a new plug for it. Then started it and it bogged a bit then kinda fixed itself and idled good and had good power and all. Then i shut it off and it was draining gas out of the tube on the bottom of the carb? I didnt ride it as i am in the middle of putting a new tire on my front rim. My question is did the spark plug do it? If it was low on coolant did it overheat and heat that coolant so much that it drained? Head gasket? Carb clean? I have no idea

will0203

Mar 17, 2009
i have no idea about the coolant, but the bogging problem is maybe your gas is mixed too rich, other than that I have no idea, and maybe the gas was leaking because your gas wasnt turned off, idk.

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
Any other opinions at all?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Blown head gasket (white smoke). Dirty carb (flooded bowl overflowing out of tube).

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
Ya i thought head gasket but after i put in the new plug the white smoke went away......

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Is there still coolant in it?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
well i just bought it and it was alreadt low on coolant and i filled it up after this and hasnt leaked since

Top Bottom