WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
With almost 190k, the Check Engine light on my '92 Toyota V6 4x4 came on. It did the same thing about 90k miles ago and I bought a service manual. Unfortunately the manual is buried in storage right now until we move into our house next month. I remember running a jumper between two pins on the connector and reading the code from the flashing Check Engine light. Also had to remove a fuse in order to clear the code.

I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with the two pins to run the jumper between, the code and the fuse to remove. Even a link as to where to find this info. on the net would be helpful. I just don't want to purchase another service manual.

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Re: Toyota pick up

One of the best places to get information that I have found is Toyota news groups. On your computer, you can access them through Internet Explorer. On the top tool bar click on tools and then mail/news and then a second menu will come up with read news option at the botton. If you haven't set this up it will ask you for the name of the news server. If your not sure, your ISP will be able to tell you. Once you have the news groups down loaded, look for a Toyota forum. I found this to be very helpful, because I found out about a recall on my 91' 4runner for the head gasket. Good luck.

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
AMA
GNCC

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks for the info.

Funny you mention the head gasket. At 90k I received a warranty extension letter, from Toyota, for head gasket problems. At 98k it blew and Toyota repaired it free of charge. When we bought our '95 4Runner I asked if they still had problems with the head gasket. The service manager couldn't tell me. Guess I'll find out soon enough, it's about to hit 100k.

Top Bottom