scarlett

Nov 8, 2007
I just bought my brand new dirt bike and when i tried it for the first time, everything works beautifully. When i tried it the second time, i cant kick start it anymore but if i push start it, it runs fine.

I dont really understand about this stuff, do you guys have any idea wat happened to my bike?

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
OK if it runs when you push start it but not when you kick start it my guess on a brand new bike is one of the following

1, its in gear and your clutch is dragging to much to let it start.

2, if its a 4 stroke you may have low compression by an improper valve clearance (new bike) check compression!

3, bikes these days are sensitive to old gas is your gas fresh?

4, 2 stroke did you properly mix your gas and oil? (break in /seizure issue) check compression!

good luck add more data for further troubleshooting

D

scarlett

Nov 8, 2007
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late replies, I was too busy with the exam. Yes, it is a brand new bike I bought on ****, it is a chinese made 125cc thumpstar. The gear is 1N234, and it has no electric start. It is still relatively new. I did the kick start successfully once, but I just can't do that again till now, I have to push start it to use the bike. I also have put it to neutral, but it still doesn't work. I assume it is just a small problem and the engine is still alright as it can still work with push start. Thanks a lot guys for your quick reply.

Kathleen.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If it's brand new take it back. Thumpstar is a pretty good brand and SHOULD stand behind their product. If a new plug and fresh fuel doesn't do it I'd look real hard at the CDI box. I had one bike that was flaky about starting like that, swapped the CDI and it's a gem.

Top Bottom