help, wrf/yzf help

parish8

Nov 29, 2001
i am having trouble making a decision, I have an xr250 that i love to ride but would like to get some track time in, i also need a second bike so a can take friends with riding. i have narowed it down to a wrf or a yzf, this bike will see the track once a week i would guess, probably no racing but who knows.

i think i would go with a new yz250f except i have found a couple good deals on wrf, here is what i have found.

used 01 wr250f with exhaust, pro tapers, bark busters, triple clamp for around 4k
used 00 wr400f with just bark busters for around 3k
or new 02 yz250f, not sure of a price, what did you guys pay?

help!! what would you go with?

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
Go to Star City in Lincoln, they will sell you a new YZ426F for about 5350 +setup and tax.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Cheap YZs!!!!

Hi - Just for your info Chicago Cycle 1-866-25-cycle has the wr250 for 4695, the yzf250 for 4595 and the yzf426 for 4895 - great prices but a long ride.... If you decide to make the trip I have found from experience that it is best to buy your bike over the phone on a card so the numbers dont mystically change on you!!! They are VERY competetive!!!
Woodsy

parish8

Nov 29, 2001
WOA!! those are some great prices, i will call them tomorrow, do you know if those prices include "set up" and what about tax, i hear there is a way out of sales tax sometimes

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
More on yz prices

Those prices do not include setup ect... I called them for a price on a CRF the other day and they told me 48 doc fee and 110 for setup.. You are correct about no sales tax for out of staters!!! Also they have a $50 free gas certificate to help with gas and right know there is a $300 free accessorys too!! Their hours are 10-6 and 10-5 sat...
Good Luck!!
Woodsy
PS If you get the bike you HAVE to come riding out here!!! GREAT trails!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
paul at chicago cycle will help ya out with a good quote over the phone,bought both my 01 yamys from him.;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
For what its worth,
I just bought a new, in the crate wr250f for $4,280 US+ $250 shipping + $100 license fee total . No set up, no extra dealer fees, no tax and no Duty. As its a play bike there no registration issues. and I got the magic Vin # so I could duel sport it later. ( thats a CA issue) Send me a pm if you want the info. It ships today and wil be here Monday. I was debating between the YZF and the WR but all the YZF's were gone at the places I could make the best deals and I trail/ desert ride mostly so the WR should work out great. Though the Chicage Cylce place sounds pretty good also. Good luck

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…