Help!!!

darkness8325

Jan 30, 2008
Hope this is the right forum. I am looking to buy a new bike, and am twisted on what to buy. I am 17, 5'11, and 170, very good strength-wise and physical condition. I am wanting to know what would be the best bike, not just for now but for the near future. I would like to get into racing sometime in the future also. I am not afraid of speed, yet people i talk to always propose a slow bike. Help!!! Please.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
If your going to race MX your right at that borderline spot between a 125/250F or a 250/450F. I was your height and 15 pounds lighter when I got my first 250 back in 1980 but bikes are power powerful now days. At 170 pounds you'll be at a disadvantage on starts with the small bike but you will be able to handle it well. If you haven't riding at all the big bike is probably to much for you.

If you can ride a couple of friends bikes before you commit that would go a long way towards helping you out.

darkness8325

Jan 30, 2008
More info: very physical/agressive~i plan on riding mx and stripped pits with friends~Yes, i have riding experience: i owned a crf 150f, then owned a little honda recon 250~I am wanting to race~ Yes i am mechanically inclined and i also have a guy to help~No real brand preferance~I have a dealer very close to my home that carries all brands~I am looking for a used bike, not over 3200!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…