Help!!!

1966mustang

Jun 8, 2004
I have a 2003 Suzuki Rm 85 it has been bored out and had a few modifications. Well i have a qeustion for you, After i get done riding my bike i have some oil on the back of the front fender and from the muffler a little oil drops out. I was wondering if this is correct or if it is not what can i do to fix it. I am pretty sure i have the correct oil-fuel mixture i am mixing it 32:1 and using High performance Maxima SUPER M Synthetic Two stroke oil. If i am doing something wrong can you tell me what? Also when i first take off after my bike sits over night it bogs down until the engine clears out then runs perfect. Can you please help me quick. Thanks alot for your time Corey

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
If you ride the bike in the powerband most of the time , the jetting is too rich....Most bikes that are running around with low revs drip some oil....Correct jetting is the key to not having "spooge" , not oil type , or the amount of oil you use....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's called "spooge". It comes from not having the jetting nailed down. It can be fixed but going too lean will result in no spooge, but possible meltdown. Check with a local shop that races and they should be able to get ya' pretty close specs for your area (elevation, temps, humidity...), then you just have to put the brass in and see how it works and make adjustments from there.

1966mustang

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks alot guys im only 15 i know my way around cars but only know a small bit about 2 strokesbut your saying all i have to do is adjust my jetting.Im not messing my bike up by riding it like that. What about the il on the front fender do i just need stiffer exhaust springs and a gasket? Thanks Corey

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Try running a 40:1 premix, worked great on my YZ80. And i would definitly geta stiffer exhaust spring and a new gasket/o-ring.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
And try turning the air screw on teh carbeurator left, i think, that will help the idle and the spooging.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…