KTM400MAN

Sep 6, 2000
I crashed really hard on Sunday and seperated my shoulder and bruised my thigh and hip area. Well, it's now wednesday, and I just changed out of my sweat pants into some shorts and I couldn't believe it, my hip and thigh are swelled up like a balloon.
I had a severe hematoma that took TWO YEARS to heal up on the same leg (different location) and I don't want to go through that again.(at least not for that long a recovery time) Does any one have any GOOD advice on how to get these hematomas to heal up quickly?? Erik

Mar 29, 2001
Wow 2 years, that's an absurdly long time. Do you have any medical problems which may contribute to poor healing. Are you taking blood thinners or aspirin on a regular basis or are diabetic? Diabetes contributes greatly to poor healing. Initially you should have applied ice frequently to prevent the swelling process but since it's been a few days heat is the best thing with maybe some gentle massage as can be tolerated. Invest in a heating pad and making frequent trips to a hot tub. If no hot tub then hot baths along with one of those whirlpool gadgets. The recovery process should only take a few weeks unless there's something in your medical history.

Mar 29, 2001
Just a further note, if the swelling is severe like you say, you should be seen medically and have x-rays taken. Just to make sure it's not anything more than just a hematoma. You may have a fracture or tore something which may require P.T. later.

Top Bottom