Hepler supported by HJC wearing ARAI

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
I'm not sure I follow

The helmet says HJC on it...

Are you saying that it's an Arai helmet with HJC stickers?

How do you know he didn't just change sponsors?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It is without question an Arai helmet, my guess is he will be changing sponsors as soon as HJC see's that one :laugh: Given that he has missed most of the season with a serious head injury I guess he's not prepared to take any chances with his choice of helmets from here on out.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Chili said:
It is without question an Arai helmet, my guess is he will be changing sponsors as soon as HJC see's that one :laugh: Given that he has missed most of the season with a serious head injury I guess he's not prepared to take any chances with his choice of helmets from here on out.

If I were in charge of advertising @ Arai, I would be all over that. :laugh: Good choice for him, due to his head injury. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rickyd said:
Looks like ARAI is that good :cool:
QUOTE]

Have to agree with that. :cool:

Seems like a lot of concussions with the hjc helmets. Not sure if it's because so many people wear them or because they are a $100.00 helmet made in China. Probably both.

If you only value your head at $100.00 then by all means, put it in a $100.00 helmet. :coocoo:

Last edited:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Ol'89r said:
rickyd said:
Seems like a lot of concussions with the hjc helmets. Not sure if it's because so many people wear them or because they are a $100.00 helmet made in China. Probably both.

If you only value your head at $100.00 then by all means, put it in a $100.00 helmet. :coocoo:

I had a pretty bad concussion with an HJC. I need a new helmet, I currently wear an HJC. :ride:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rickyd said:
I had a pretty bad concussion with an HJC. I need a new helmet, I currently wear an HJC. :ride:

Check out an Arai Ricky. They are a little pricey but, excellent quality and fit. If you're not concerned about wearing last years model, you can usually save about $100.00 over current models.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jeff at www.mxsouth.com is an Arai dealer and usually has a good line on closeout pricing for older models.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
shoei are also a very high quality helmet, as with many things, it comes down to quality control......Arai and Shoei are made in Japan, whearas most other lids are made in China, Thailand, Korea etc.

I know someone that has access to testing data of helmets, and i wear a shoei...he assured me the Arai is the only other helmet to wear.

Top Bottom