NiCk332

Jul 23, 2001
Hey i am planning on maybe buying a 2001 tt-r225, but i need to know how fast it goes, and how how high i can jump it, i plan on trail riding it, but i still want to jump it sometimes thanks:cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
from what I've heard (never actually ridden one) they are decent for trail riding but no jumps. I checked them out at the shop when my sister was considering buying one, here's what I thought.
They are heavy bikes for their size, stock exhaust looked extremely restrictive, stock suspension is soft, the E-start feature is nice but lacks the backup kick if the battery dies, the low seat height makes the bike appealing to shorter riders.

Also, on the how fast it goes question, you'll more than likely never get the bike wound completely out on a trail so it's kind of a moot point, it'll be plenty fast.

welcome to DRN also, you'll find there is a lot of good information here :)

Gator

Aug 28, 2001
I have recently returned to riding. I have a 01 ttr225. I do trail riding every weekend on it. I like it. It could use a little more ground clearance. I also ride in the dunes. I have done some jumping in the dunes with it. :(
I am having a blast riding this bike with my son who has TTR125L. :cool:

Scoob

Aug 12, 2001
My friend has a ttr 225. To get right to the point, this bike sucks. I dont understand why he wasted 5000$ cdn when he could have got a yz or something. He now regrets buying that model and he is going to give it to his girlfriend and get a real bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom