CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Long time, no speak...sorry.

I haven't ridden my bikes (dirt or street) in over a year. I had a running injury last year that made riding too painful. This spring Conner (which means "we") was once again involved in travel soccer which left us no time to ride. Connor has gotten very involved in Soccer. This summer he played on a Select team and every weekend in June and July he (we) had a tournament.

Riding had gotten out of my blood. In addition to soccer, I've been very busy with my job and my band. If I had a few minutes to relax, riding was the last thing I wanted to do.

Saturday night my band was playing at a local bar. As we were unloading my truck, someone noticed the DirtRider.Net banner across my back window and tracked me down between our 1st and 2nd sets. Within minutes we realized that we knew a lot of the same people. I was offered to go riding with the group on Sunday morning. I called my buddy that the group was to ride with and he told me that the ride might not happen because the owner of the property hadn't gotten back to him.

Now, at this point it would have been all too easy to say "oh well, maybe next time". But after talking dirtbiking for a few minutes, my blood was flowing. I suggested that the group meet at my house Sunday afternoon and ride my track.

Sunday morning I woke early as my track that had not been ridden on in over a year and it needed lots-o-maintenance. It took me a few hours of grooming, but I had it in nice shape. Just as I was putting my tractor away the group(s) starting arriving. I just didn't anticipate how many people were coming over to ride. Including me and my son, we had 12 people riding at my house.

What a blast!

We rode from 1:00 to 4:00. We were all dead-tired and everyone had a great ride. Not a single mishap the entire day. The track was cut-in perfectly after just a few minutes of riding and it just got better as the day went on. I really forgot how much fun a day of riding, and talking about riding, is.

I'm really looking forward to getting back out as soon as possible. I waited too long to get back on the bike. Conner grew so much that none of his gear fit him. He had to wear some of my smaller gear - which was too big. Worse, the KX85 that I bought for him last year, and that he only rode about 6 times, is too small for him. But I have a plan...

Next year he gets my (Okie's :) ) YZ250F and I will get something that I have never had in my life...a brand-new bike.

Dirtbikes ARE fun.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No matter who you are, the lure of dirt bikes is much too hard to resist. I commend you for giving in and remounting. Welcome back. :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Welcome back Junk. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:yeehaw:Bananaman:yeehaw:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
GARY! You have been missed! Good to hear that you were able to get out and ride again and glad you had so much fun!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Yup, dirtbikes are still as fun. Even more so now that I have a little better one! Still enjoy wasting my time on them. Long time no post for me, but a busy work and play schedule has kept me away. Also, had a computer crash. Just got the hardware all worked out!

Have a nanner for gettin out there :yeehaw:

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
It's a lot easier to not ride, and the more of that you do the easier it gets.
Glad you broke the cycle! (no pun intended) :ride:
Yes I have no bananas. I have no bananas today...

Top Bottom