hey from Upstate Ny

Hey all,

Just dropping a line.

I'm from Upstate NY, and have ridden since I was four.

Just Got a 1993 RM 250, and found this place multiple times searching for parts/specs on that bike and numerous others. Finally joined!

Great tech here!

:ride:

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Welcome to DRN! Where in NY are you? I'm in Binghamton.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Welcome! I know that area. It's really beautiful up there.
Two years ago I went for the first white water rafting trip of the season out of North Creek. I've never been so cold! there was still chunks of ice floating by!
So do you have anywhere to ride?

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Johnsburg is a bit far for me but there are a bunch of DRNers that live in the Albany area.

Ya, theres places to ride...just have to know them. To many tweakers ruining it for us though :(. And no offense to anyone, but ATV'ers too.

And yes, if you go early year rafting up here, you will see ice!!!

:edit: RMguy, I have family in/around Binghamton

No, not really. Just mostly Morons that think they have to spin their rear tire/tires on ANYTHING that they ride on. Causing land owners to get angry, gates go up, land gets closed.

Yes, unfortunately it does sound all to familiar for New York, and too many other places. We've been fortunate enough to only have 1 reported meth lab in the area in the last 15 years, and that was a good distance away.

KDXruss, montgomery county, where abouts is that, sounds familiar?

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
It's just west of Schenectady Co. and Albany Co. Amsterdam and Canajoharie are some of the bigger cities.
I do my riding near the south eastern part of Sacandaga lake.

i live in mapleview ny. about 3 miles from motomasters. hey kdxruss you race at caroga lake? i have been there a couple of times. just for the mx. not the sx

RACER557, I've been to caroga lake, never raced though. Parents bought my first bike there PW50. We race go karts at Caroga Creek, not too far from there.

Riding In Delaware County NY???

RM_guy said:
Welcome to DRN! Where in NY are you? I'm in Binghamton.
I also live in the binghamton area i own a KX100 and am interested in racing. I am 21 years old and female??? how to i find out where to go and when races are????