Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolio

May 4, 2007
Hey everyone, new to this forum here and might as well call me new to the dirt biking community. I've been racing and riding mountain bikes for my entire life and I feel that I want to go alot faster and go alot bigger.

I've ridden a dirtbike once about 4 years ago, it was a crf150 I think I'm not too sure. Anyways I'm thinkin of picking up a used 2006 yz250 for my first bike. What do you guys think or would suggest me to watch out for with this bike?

Thanks.

smoke9

BikeGraphix
~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2004
Welcome to the site and to riding dirt bikes.. with any luck you'll be hooked like the rest of us in no time. Your choice in bikes depends on a few things. What type of riding will you be doing, what size/age of guy you are, and what brand of shop you have access to. For example.. my first bike was a mx race ready cr125. I was trying to trail ride and was nowhere near a honda dealership. This caused many problems. I would also search this forum for a previous question like yours.. probably been asked before. Hope this helped and good luck!

live_to_bike

Apr 23, 2007
A 2006 yz 250 is prolly a little bit too much bike for a beginner... might want to consider a 125 to start.

Foolio

May 4, 2007
Forgot to add I am 6'2 and 230lbs. Why would I buy a smaller sized bike, and out grow it within a couple months? then want a bigger bike shortly thereafter? Doesn't make sense to me other than the fact that it's easier to learn on a smaller powered bike, but hey, lets face it- everyone grows into something. Thanks for the input though.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom