Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
How was the race at the fairgrounds last night? I heard a Cow (sp?) beat a Hog. :yikes:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Cows have longer legs than hogs. :)

The farmer that 'cares' for that cow sure knows how to handle his livestock!

A young lad brought a Duck, too, but just showed it off some, and didn't race it. Another Duck might have raced though.

Quite a sight, last night, I would imagine! :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
That was some seriously great racing.. And I have to say, standing on the rail next to Gary Nixon was pretty awesome!

Bryan Smith was the fastest on the track the whole day.. There was no real doubt in my mind that he'd be in the top 3 at the line.

The old man, Chris Carr was no slouch though. He battled Bryan right down to the line. He was very fast.

It was also a lot of fun watching Steve Bonsey running the cushion all night. Thru 1 & 2 he was almost all the way out to the hay bales.

The was indeed a young man throwing a duc around the track quite nicely during the run up to the racing.. I'm thinking he's the same guy that's going to be tossing a different duc around a little bigger place today.

As for the other duc that actually raced.. I think he was about 4th or 5th, which is a very good showing.

All in all it was a great nite of racing at the old mile. Only one guy had to be transported out, due to a very hard get off (hit the outside wall coming out of 2).. a few other get offs, but nothing serious.

You could have thrown a blanket over the top 4 in the Pro Singles class. It was elbow to elbow at 110 for the full race.

Makes a guy reconsider his whole life. ;)

That's Gary Nixon below in the hat, and the fat guy is my buddy Charlie Williams. (Trail Rider Charlie to all you woods fans)

Attachments

• IMG_4407 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4407 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4425 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4425 (Small).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 94

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
IndyMX said:
You could have thrown a blanket over the top 4 in the Pro Singles class. It was elbow to elbow at 110 for the full race.

Makes a guy reconsider his whole life. ;)

That's Gary Nixon below in the hat, and the fat guy is my buddy Charlie Williams. (Trail Rider Charlie to all you woods fans)

Sounds like a fun weekend Indy. Wish I could have been there. Next time you see Gary, tell him I said hi. I tuned for him in the early 70's when we were on the Triumph racing team together. Very cool guy and very approachable. If you would have told him you were into flat track, he would have talked your ear off.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
Sounds like a fun weekend Indy. Wish I could have been there. Next time you see Gary, tell him I said hi. I tuned for him in the early 70's when we were on the Triumph racing team together. Very cool guy and very approachable. If you would have told him you were into flat track, he would have talked your ear off.

I sort of assumed he knew we were into flat track, considering where we met! ;) :whoa:

He was pi$$ed off that they wouldn't let him out by the rail. He was cussin up a storm.. Of course they did let him out there finally.

He was also very well lubricated..

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
IndyMX said:
I sort of assumed he knew we were into flat track, considering where we met! ;) :whoa:

He was pi$$ed off that they wouldn't let him out by the rail. He was cussin up a storm.. Of course they did let him out there finally.

He was also very well lubricated..

I meant that you rode flat track. ;)

Yep, that's him. :laugh:

I think we are seeing a resurgence in flat track. They had the opening of the new flat track at Perris last week and they packed the place. My grandson Max was riding the MX track the same night and the MX track was empty. In the 85cc class there were only about 6 kids in the race. Two years ago there would have been a 30 rider gate.

Glad to see other brands entering into the fray. IMO, brand association has a lot to do with getting more people involved. Heard there was even a Triumph in there.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, I should have.. but he was already quite loaded and I didn't need any more drunks spitting in my face.. ;)

Yeah the Triumph put in a good time, 11th in qualifying, but blew up on the last lap of the main.. Sounded a lot like it was blowing up from about 5 laps on..

It's a shame, Shawn Baer is a good rider and could use a break..

Top Bottom