Hey JohnnyKDX-street legal KDX

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Hey JohnnyKDX, I have a 2004 KDX220 and I'd like to make it street legal. The tiltle says off road only so Fla won't give me a street plate. Can you give me the details on how to get a new title and make it street legal.
Thanks a ton

rhansen

Nov 18, 2007
I ran into the "offroad use only" issue in PA, and they simply issued me a title with a new VIN number. My bike is no longer known as a KDX200, but a "specially constructed" motorcycle. They gave me a new VIN number plate to place on the bike, and I was told by my notary that the state destroys the original certificate of origin with the offroad use only statement. Hardest part was finding a place to mount the new VIN plate.

You might want to try the same route in Florida, as I'm sure there are guys building choppers from scratch and getting them street legal. See if there is any "specially constructed" paperwork that chopper guys and kit car builders use.

MX500

Jun 15, 2008
You can register is as "specially constructed" but the chances of finding a stupid enough person to inspect it and actually believe it was specially constructed are pretty slim. Good luck, and check your DMV website, it will tell you everything you need to know if you look hard enough.

I don't have to deal with any of this because I'm picking up my plated 1986 KDX200 tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom