Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How's that Sigma 10-20 working out? Haven't seen any sample shots!

FYI... if I had the $$ I'd have another one. The 17-40L is a sick lens, but I'm finding I miss the 10-17 range a LOT more than I thought I would. Since I've got a 24-70, (2.8 Sigma that ROCKS), the 17-40 wasn't one of my best moves. I'm working a deal to trade the 17-40 for a Canon 10-22 as I type this ... live and learn I guess! :bang: At least the 77mm polarizer will fit :)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've only had one or two chances to play with it and I've still got a lot to learn. It's incredibly fun shooting with it though. It's weird being able to get so close to a subject when shooting. I actually talked the boss man into buying one for our studio for some large high school group shots. We used it last week and were really happy with the results. For group shots I just keep it at 20mm to avoid any distortion.

I think this is the only shot with that lens that I have with me at work. I believe it was at 10mm. I'm having a good time playing with the "warped" feel on some shots. I liked this one, although I'd like to go back and shoot it again and get a little deeper depth of field so the tree isn't quite that out of focus. I basically had the lens right on the big limb on the right side. Pretty cool. I'll post more if I get a chance to play with it more in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• twist-tree-copy.jpg
    twist-tree-copy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 126

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Is the 10-22mm an L lens as well? Sounds like it worked out pretty well for you. So will your lens collection be pretty well rounded once you get the 10-22?

I'm pretty happy with what I've got right now, so I'm thinking I'll keep stashing money away so I can one day purchase the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS. It looks like an absolutely amazing lens...which it should be for the money! Plus the 1.4x converter should take it to about 320mm if needed. I have a feeling it will be a year or two before I can pull the trigger on that one!

Top Bottom