Hey Neph... Doc... Help a guy out?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Short story.. been having pain in my lower right back. There have been times in the past when I was pretty sure it was a Kidney thing, drink a ton of water and it would go away.

Over the last few days it's doing it again.. but today it started feeling like a knife going in an out. Soooo... with no other signs of a kidney problem, I thought it might actually be muscle spasms. Took a muscle relaxer, within 30 minutes, complete relief.

Question is, would a muscle relaxer effect kidney pain, or can I assume it was/is in fact spasms? Or can I assume anything at all :confused:

Thanks, charge the consultation to my account please.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im not a doctor, but Ive seen one on TV :confused: I had lower back pain on and off till I started working out. Back extentions and rowing seemed to do the trick for me. Good luck sorting it out. It needs to be better in 8 weeks fer-sure.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Have you had your appendix out?  If not, some symtoms are:
Feeling of indigestion
Pain in the lower right abdomen(sp?)
Lower back pain
Slight fever
Pain slightly relieved by placing body in the fetal position

Okie, if this pain comes on real strong, GO to the ER.  A ruptured appendix is not something you want to experience.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I'm not a doctor, and I only watch the History channel and Stargate SG-1. But I can tell you what my wife would say (nurse for over 25 years)..."Go see your doctor and have it looked at."

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once and I think it's................

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
That's Days Inn you doofus :moon:

I think :think:

Okie, take 4 or 5 of valium and drink a 12 pack of Schlitz then call me in a couple of days after you wake up. May not fix your back but you won't care, trust me on this....

Last edited:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Okie,

I have the same thing going only on my left side. Doc asked me if the pain is in one place or does it move around (in the general area). I told her one place, so she ruled out kidney problem or stone. Right now she has me on Naproxen for inflamation and Skelaxton (sp) for the muscle relaxer. Been to the Physical theripist also.

Mully

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Have Rich punch ya' in the brain, at least then your back won't hurt :confused:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Hate to be the bearer of bad news Okie but have you considered it may be your Prostate!!!!! :eek: :moon: :laugh:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Philip
Hate to be the bearer of bad news Okie but have you considered it may be your Prostate!!!!! :eek: :moon: :laugh:
Get out the rubber glove and KY! :eek: Better get a really small asian doctor.... but with your luck you'll get stuck with the stand in Dr... He'll be an ex-NFL lineman with BIG ole hands LMFAO. Size 17 finger. :laugh:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
that's the way my kidney stones started. Hope you don't have one, they hurt like hell :whiner:

B

biglou

If it's yer prostate, I'm pretty sure evil Dr. Giggles would be more than happy to check ya out, fit ya for a hook, whatever...

grackle

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 2, 2003
I had a similiar pain and it turned out to be kidney stones.  I went to the Dr. and we scheduled an appointment with the radiologist to find out for sure, but the night before while I was doing my overdose of laxatives I verified that it was a stone on my own.  If you think it might be a stone, I'd get it checked out. 

Passing a stone was by far the most painfull experience of my life.  It was like a bb covered with jagged spikes.  People assume the pain is while passing it through the urethra............That part is painfull, but it is so much less painfull by the time it gets there that it almost feels good.  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Good luck........Hope it isn't anything serious.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Passing a stone was by far the most painfull experience of my life.

Ditto on that one. I passed a stone while waiting in the ER to see a doc on New Years eve. The last crappy act of the year. Life just had to get one last good kick in before it changed years. I would definately have a doc look at it.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Glad it worked for you! I would go to the Dr tomorrow, cant haven anything interrupting DW ya know!!! And besides, that was all I had!!! Dont make me tell mom!!!! :p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If it's yer prostate, I'm pretty sure evil Dr. Giggles would be more than happy to check ya out, fit ya for a hook, whatever...
I hear his prostate-replacement-with-a-hook procedure is quite popular. I know Rooster had his ass replaced by hooks, and he raves about it . . . :p

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by singletracker500
I only watch <snip> Stargate SG-1.

I think Janet would do a full blood panel and put him on bed rest for a few weeks. No further missions through the gate for Okie until he is cleared!!

That is unless he is willing to have a Tokra implanted in him. Somehow I doubt that though... he may have enough personalities already :confused:

Okie, I have been having some sever back pain in my buttocks (sciatica) and stepped up my chiropractor to 3 days a week and the pain has reduced significantly. Last night I was able to touch my toes again :) Today it is stiff but I think by next week I should be ok.

I feel for you bud... I think back pain is the worst.

Ivan

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'm no doctor, but it sounds like you may have one of these little guys floating around in a kidney. Seriously, have a doc look at it and get it fixed. Good luck!

Attachments

• kidney2.jpg
    kidney2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 99

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
charge the consultation to my account please.

lol, the only thing I want is your 'forgiveness' if I can't show up to DW this year. ;)

Anyway, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but will. Someone may have already answered it. But here's what we need to know:

Is it colicky (does it come and go), like something squeezing, then letting off every few minutes or so?
Where is the pain exactly? Is it closer to your rib margin (above), or closer to your pelvis (below)?
Does it radiate?--does it move or start, say high and then shoot or move to your inguinal/groin region? Or does it stay put?
Fevers?
Burning with urination?
Dark or bloody urine?
Change in bowel habits? (Like new diarrhea or new constipation)
Other than the muscle relaxant (good question, by the way--I'll get to that), what makes it better?
What makes it worse? (Like, does lying still make it worse, while getting up and moving around make it better?--Also, does bending/lifting make it worse, or no diff?)
What were you doing when you first noticed it?
Do you have spastic/hard and painful paraspinous muscles (muscles running up and down your back immediately to either side of the spine)?
Ever had a stone?
Family history of stones?
Recent back injuries?
Any pain shooting down the posterior part of your buttocks or back side of your leg on the right side?
Any strength problems in that leg?
Any numbness in your leg on the right?

There's more, but we'll start there....

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Doc asked
Any pain shooting down the posterior part of your buttocks or back side of your leg on the right side?

What is it specificially wiht the right side? That is exactly the pain I have been having lately. I just assumed it was the sciatica and have tried to avoid painful postures, exercise and see my chiro (I know a lot of people don't believe in them but my chiro is pretty good... he told me if it doesn't get better by next week with adjustments then I need to go to my family doc for an MRI - I've already had x-rays of my back and they looked good).

Ivan

Top Bottom