TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
:nener:

I've got 4 pounds of these beauties roasted and frozen and then another months worth of fresh ones to roast!

The Holy Grail of Green Chiles!!!!

Attachments

• hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 120

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Those grow on trees around here....every restaurant for 300 miles offers it on everything..Hell Macdonald's has it on their burgers if you ask for it! Gotta Love it!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Is that thing sitting in a bowl of shiny oatmeal? :think: :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
YZ165 said:
Those grow on trees around here....

The chile pictured is grown from sacred grounds in New Mexico and you don't live there so.... even though you do have superior product, it is still inferior to those grown in the valley of the chile gods. :laugh:

Man I miss New Mex Food!

Green Horn said:
Is that thing sitting in a bowl of shiny oatmeal? :think: :laugh:

No... a giant shiny slab of oatmeal.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Mmmmm yummy! Oh that makes me want Rooster's chili made with chiles.... :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
TwinSpar said:
The chile pictured is grown from sacred grounds in New Mexico and you don't live there so.... even though you do have superior product, it is still inferior to those grown in the valley of the chile gods.

Hatch isn't to far from here. Three hours in a car, and there are little chili stands all over that bring it up from down there every day. I hate it when I drive by those little stands, the smell of Fresh Green Chili being roasted is a big part of my weight problem! LOL! :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Where is the chili? Nice kitchen!

Chili will come at the end of September. It's too damned hot in Texas for hot Chili right now. My chili will make you sweat in 30 degree weather.... it would kill you if you ate it in 100 degree temps with 80% humidity! LOL

YZ... I grew up in El Paso and Hatch was about an hour away. We too could buy locally at the road side stands. Man I miss that! Having to rely on one shipment to this area each year sucketh. I hate having to freeze the chiles but I couldn't can anything to save my life!

I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant in ALB that makes a hot sauce with green chiles. VD brought some to DW and that stuff ROCKED! I'd want to order some of that!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Uh...could it have been Sadies, or El Pinto? They both have some damn good salsa...there are others as well though....if you remember, let me know I'll ship you some...Gotta help out a fellow addict! MAtt

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Thanks for the offer but don't worry about it. I can order online from either. I think it was El Pinto that he had. Which do you prefer?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
El Pinto for sure! That place Kicks A$$!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
yup, it was el pinto and their green chili salsa rocks, I order 6 jars about twice a year. The stuff I remember from Sadies was a fairly runny red sauce with a strong garlic flavor....good but more like a tamale sauce than salsa.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
It's not so much the heat bsmith, it's the flavor and the spiciness combined...it's just damn good. Sure you can burn your face off with a habenero, but all that does is force you to spend excess time in the john....with your a$$ on fire! LOL! :uh:

Exactly correct Mr.Luckey!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
There is NOTHING like the smell of a Hatch Valley green chile. Like YZ said... this isn't about heat but about flavor and then heat. The silly Anaheim pepper is a relative of the chiles grown in Hatch but for some reason.... you can't touch the environment that Hatch offers for growing chile. El Paso is a short hour away from Hatch, shares the same river but can't produce chile like Hatch. There's something special about that area that can't be reproduced anywhere else.

I am a chile snob.... and get the freaking spelling right too!!! :yell:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
force you to spend excess time in the john....with your a$$ on fire!
hmmm, that's a good line for Preds Senator :ohmy:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
bsmith said:
hmmm, that's a good line for Preds Senator :ohmy:
Now, he wasn't trying to proposition for a homosexual encounter, he just takes a wide stance when he uses the stall.

what a doof :| evidently airport bathroom gay sex is better than any other gay sex, because you'd think a senator could hook something up where he didn't have to go trolling.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
XRpredator said:
Now, he wasn't trying to proposition for a homosexual encounter, he just takes a wide stance when he uses the stall.

what a doof :| evidently airport bathroom gay sex is better than any other gay sex, because you'd think a senator could hook something up where he didn't have to go trolling.

;) :laugh: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Top Bottom