tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Sounds good. My back has been a little banged up this week. But, I could probably ride for a few hours. Let me know. BTW, I flagged that Middleford race last Sunday....I was really impressed with the track. It was perfect. Worth checking out sometime.

Tony

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Oh yeah, THAT Landing. I broke my leg there a year ago last Mothers Day.

We have a track named The Landing here in Mississippi also.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Are you in MD or Mississippi ? If MD, come on out. No snapping a stick this time though ! :scream:

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
Great ! We plan on being there about 9 or so. Hope to see you, I 'll follow you off them big jumps so I don't make a fool out of myself !

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Originally posted by tony91
Are you in MD or Mississippi ? If MD, come on out. No snapping a stick this time though ! :scream:

I shouldn't have joked about jboomer breaking his leg....I came away with a partially torn MCL saturday. :flame: Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle in 2-3 weeks. Just power-sliding though a corner and lost the rear end. Got my foot caught under the bar on the way down, and that was it. I jinxed myself! :flame:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
2-3 weeks!!?? Sheesh, I was out almost 6 months! Sorry to hear it! Heal up quick!

They still got that big double on the pro track coming off the hill from the parking lot? Watch out for that sucker!

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Yep, their Pro track is sick. I stick to the intermediate track. Maybe I should have stuck to the beginner's track!! :)

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
Yep Tony was bookin and lookin good, then all of a sudden it looked like he hit a patch of ice, wham. You are not alone Tony91, George endowed pretty good and got a good taste of Easton. Cost me bars, grips and a fork seal. Hope to see you at LPC Saturday my friend.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I'll be there. How did George bust his bars ? Knee feels pretty good. Still feels sort of unstable but all the swelling is gone.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'll probably be coming up there in another month for my 20 year reunion (Nov 16)...will y'all still be riding then? Do they have any tracks that can be ridden by old, fat, slow guys?

What else is there besides "The Landing"? Do you guys live near Easton?

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Sure. I'm a "feel like I'm old", fat, slow guy !! Depending upon what you want to ride MX, SX, or Woods. There are a bunch of choices within striking distance. Here are a few links.

Tomahawk MX - outdoor MX style layout with a technical woods loop
The Landing MX - more SX than MX, lots of jumps, 5 different tracks
Middleford MX - (No Website) Perfectly Groomed MX/SX Hybrid--302.638.2654

Shame your coming the weekend of the 16th. Budds Creek is holding an event on 11/23. Where in MD are you staying.

T

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Wouldn't that put you in the Atlantic?!? :confused:

My father and sister live near Greensboro, MD...about 45 minutes from Easton.

I'm not even sure if I'll be ready to ride by then...still suffering the effects of rapid deceleration sickness.

If I do make it, I'm scared of trees so I tend to stay on the track.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
If you're ready to ride by then, let us know. I'll drain all the saltwater from my gas tank! :confused: (West, BTW)

Tony

Last edited:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Just finished riding the Landing yesterday, track wasnt in the best conditions.
I busted my 'boys on the double Table top section on the intermediate track, totally overjumped the first tabletop and landed in the flat, couldnt beleive I rode it out though...... A bunch of 4 wheelers were roosting it up until one wrecked and an ambulance had to take him out, possible shoulder injury I heard.
I am still jonesing to check out Tomahawk, I hear you can go any day for $25 a person....

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Y'all are getting me nervous, now.

If I'm reading correctly, Tomahawk is in WV...too far for me and a couple friends I haven't seen in 20 years. One of them did mention a place in northern DE?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't mind the 3 hours, but some of my friends in the area might not be the hardcore type and, while going 30 minutes to Easton is ok, might not make the trip to WV.

So where in MD do you guys live...Waldorf?

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I'm in Waldorf. If you know where Budd's Creek is, I'm about 15 min. north of there.

Top Bottom