ihone

Jan 10, 2006
Noobie from Houston TX here. Justin is the name.

I just got into MX a few months ago and have really taken a serious liking to it. I rode a small trials-bike (kawie 80, late 60s model i think) when I was younger, and have always liked things on 2 wheels since.

As of now, I'm riding a 2000 CR125R, and actually loving it. It fits me quite well, seeing as how I'm not such a big guy.

Recently posted on a local Houston area Motocross website (that this site won't allow me to name) that I got my first taste of a good jump, a nice little tabletop @ a local track (Rio Bravo).

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and give ya'll a holler.

keep the rubber side down, and ride safe you guys.

justin

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Welcome to DRN! Ahhhhh, the good old days...I used to race at Rio Bravo in the mid to late 80's...There were also tracks in Alvin and Conroe that we (my brother and I) frequented. It's good to hear that Rio is open once again. Have fun!

Petra

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
yeah, Rio is up and runnin....but, there's still that old hardpacked dirt that was always there. I've been a few times, and it's really good 2-3 days after a good rain.

Skeeter is down by Alvin I believe, and I still have yet to actually go there. I hear tremendous things about it.

But, just north of houston, up by the woodlands, Three Palms is pretty nice also. 3 tracks, 1 'main' track (pretty hardcore MX), a River Track, that's medium difficulty and also really nice to ride, and then there's the GP track (my personal favorite).

But, just getting into motocross, it seems that there's a LOT of riding space around the Houston Area.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I look forward to having good times on this board. Hell, maybe even meeting some of ya'll in the future.

ciao!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have a fair size group in the Houston area. I'll fix the title and hopefully a few will pop in.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom