wictor

Jun 10, 2009
Hi all!

Sorry for my propably bad english but you will understand me. :nod:

I'm 18 yo dirt bike rider from Europe, Croatia. It's a country just bellow Austria where they make KTMs or accros the sea from Italy where they make Huskys, TMs and so on :whoa:
I've always wanted a dirt bike and only dirt bike because when i was 3 yo my dad had various dirt bikes and he was riding them for all my childhood till he sold his CR 250 when i was 14 yo, he used to put me on the tank and my brother on the back and ride with us in fields and woods. I loved it so much that i propably got addicted since then to dirt bikes.

I started riding at the age of 14, my first bike was an old beat up Puch moped that couldn't pick up more than 10mph but i rode it anyway, i actualy garbage picked it and it had no carb so i fited a oversize carb from a bigger(Tomos) moped.
Than i started to learn about fixing motors, chassis and all things on the bike. Than i picked up a newer Puch that was actualy pretty fast and i've done some mods to it so it was able to go about 50mph. I sold it and i bought 50cc Tomos with 5 speed gearbox and than i already had some tuning knoweldge so i ported it myself, bored out the cylinder to 65cc, lowered the head, bigger carb, resonant exhaust pipe. That thing was brutaly fast for a 65cc, it pulled a Yamaha 125 4 stroke in start and all the way to the 70mph where Yamaha picked up the speed and passed me.
Than my dad bought me a chinese 125 4 stroke enduro that was real pain to ride, fix and simply have in garage. But it was a great experience having it because i learned just about all about fixing every single thing on the big bike, i got it completely rebuilt from ground up 3 times in 1 year because of my riding it was shaking of the parts and wearing out every possible part. I learned very much on that bike.
Than last year i finaly bought myself a real full size bike, a KTM 300 EXC from 1991 because i couln't afford better bike.
I tore it to the last screw this winter and i rebuilt it completely with all new parts, whole motor rebuilt and complete chasis overhaul so it looks like new bike. I also fitted a set of 2001 EXC 520 plastics with seat and tank.
Bike looks and goes amazing. I also learned alot while rebuilding it. Now i'm selling it and buying a newer bike.
I'm looking for a 2 stroke because i love 2 strokes more than 4 stroke but if i find a cheap enduro 4 stroke i will get it.

My fav brand of dirt bikes are first KTM and than Honda, in fact they are the same to me because i love both of them equaly. I will propably buy a good used 2002 CR 250 very soon(next week propably) but you newer know what can show up till then. My dad rides for 35 years on various bikes and he is very good at all, he has over 30 trophies on road bikes and few on dirt bikes. He traveled across entire Europe, Asia and Northern Africa on his BMW so you can say he is quite expirienced rider. He is my idol and i hope to find him a dirt bike so we can ride together, he would propably smoke my ass on bike but who cares :laugh:

When i'm not riding and fixing my bike i work at the local TV station as a camera man. Also i make web pages, computer software and lately some electronics so you can say i'm quite a busy person. Oh and when i'm not doing any of these things i play guitar and piano, i play guitar for 4 years and just started to learn piano. Main priority is of course dirt bike but i love all the stuff.

Well it was a long introduction but i hope you know me better now :D

Attachments

• ggg-1.jpg
    ggg-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

wictor

Jun 10, 2009
Thanks! I have taught myself alot of things and still learning :D

Interesting, but i don't know the guy. Many people have 97 CRs in Croatia so i can only guess it's a man that lives few miles from me and is selling his 97 CR.
Last he was here was in Feb so not many hopes to contact him over DRN :(

I hear that you are half Croat :D, that's nice. Many Croats moved to USA and Canada.
If you ever will be visiting Croatia contact me, i always have spare room for you and your bike :D
Croatia has some magnificent riding places and what's the best is that we don't have restrictions so we can go and ride where we want without anyone asking. I live in small town that's just below some of the best riding areas in this part of Europe.

I will photograph view from my window when it's not raining outside, you can clearly see mountains where we ride.

Thanks for compliments on my English, i learned it in school for 4 years but 95% of what i know today is from reading English forums, sites and watching TV.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks for the offer. My grandparents came here in the 30's or 40's so it's been a while. I would love to go over an see the "homeland" but I just don't think I could pull it off. I look forward to pictures though :)

Top Bottom