Hi, I'm new here

tomm2873

Mar 8, 2006
Hi all, my name is Tom, I am 32 years-old and from Warren, MI. I am trying to get back into trail riding after an eight year hiatus. I currently ride a 1988 Honda XR200, but if all goes well I hope to upgrade midseason to a new 4-stroke 250 woods bike.

Thanks for reading!

yz250wrw

Mar 2, 2006
Hi Tom,

Where do you go riding at? I live in metro Detroit too and have to travel up north for a ride, mainly to Bull Gap.

tomm2873

Mar 8, 2006
Well, I have not done any riding in long time, but I used to ride all over the northern lower, mostly in the areas that are near Houghton, and Higgins Lakes. My family has a cottage near Higgins Lake, so we would ride that loop a lot. But we would load up and trailer to other areas like Geels, St Helens, Frederic. I have only ridden the Bull Gap area once, that was more than ten years ago though.

Do you ride by yourself? With friends, or family? I used to ride with my father and younger sister, but my father lost interest due to riding related injuries, and my sister lost interest after high school. I tried to get my ex-wife interested years ago (when we were still married), but she just couldn't get into it. Now I am going to try to get my girlfriend to try it, but if she doesn't like it I may just ride by myself.

Tom

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Michigan Trail Riders forum for some folks in your area. These guys have written the book on how to make a local area forum work. There are guys in there that never come out into the main site!

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…