randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
But I thought I'd introduce myself. I actually signed up at the forum a year ago, but lurk mostly.
This time around, I've been trying to figure out if I can stick a hitch carrier on my trucklet, cause I am going to Moab, UT and getting my bike. (It's been sitting in Colorado after a long drawn out break up).

I got the trucklet and carrier all figured out, and hopefull this Sunday I make it back with the bike and my car intact! (Leaving Thu, think good thoughts for me)

I'm 25 yrs old, live in SoCal; and I am nowhere near as good as the rest of you seem to be, but I wanna be! :nod: Tragically, I was never mechanically gifted, and my ex bf used to do all the bike stuff for me (he got me into it), but I think I can manage. I was going to just get rid of it, but I liked riding too much, so I'll keep at it.

:)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hi and Welcome randomfish - I think I recall when you joined last year, you used to lurk in here ;) DONT SELL THE BIKE!! Ride and have fun, there are a lot of women riders down in SoCal.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Don't be shy! This is one big huge ginourmous family here.

Most of us don't bite. :whoa:

If you get the chance, find a way to go for a ride with GETMETOCA. She is one of the finest people you will ever meet.

Another fine individual is MrLuckey who lives in Thousand Oaks, along with a few other DRN members.

Again, don't be shy, you will find a lot of great friends through this site.

:nod:

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
welcome back and good luck getting your bike back. you can always ask questions here were all very nice people that all enjoy riding and helping each other out thats what were all about. have fun riding NEVER give it up

oh yea no need to be shy lots of good ol' folks round here

Apr 30, 2007
Welcome back...er perhaps I should just say nice to meet you!

Just because you're not a top A class rider doesn't mean you have anything to be shy about :)

I just started racing this season, and even though the series is over, I STILL qualify as a newbie and a goon! Anything goes as long as you're having fun riding!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Hello!!

Sounds like you are doing awesome, and live in just the right place to meet some great people!! I'm envious!!!! ;)

I hope you have fun on your trek to retrieve your "baby"!! I think justalonewolf007 must use a similar get up? I have a single carrier which I like way better than my trailer.

You can handle the repairs. Trust me, the bf didn't have magic powers! (Did he?? lol.)

Those long rides are a great adventure. How long a drive each way for you?? (XM radio comes in handy when you get tired of talking to yourself!! I find I bore myself silly. How other people put up with me I have no idea!!)

I bet you are going to be sooooo glad to get back on that bike. ;)

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
:) Thanks guys, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I registered last year, cause I was trying to find people to ride with, but shortly thereafter decided to move to Colorado. I know more people there..
So I took all my stuff down there, and then decided I really like the beach :laugh: So I came back and stayed. Now that the weather’s better for riding, I’m gonna run up and get my bike, definately not selling it anymore. And then see if I can get myself invited on a ride. Or at least be allowed to camp nearby :)
Hopefully my trucklet holds up, and I’ll use the hitch carrier to get to and from. I may have to get a trailer otherwise. But, either way, I’ll be looking for places to go starting next week.
I've been reading the tips and tricks too. lol I'm ready.

ETA: Olderndirtmom: he may not have had magic, but he did have tools and mechanical inclinations.. LOL
It’s gonna be a 9-10 hour ride for me to get there. And probably 12-13 to get back. I’m thinking Mp3 player, and the comedy station on XM.

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
randomfish said:
:) And then see if I can get myself invited on a ride. Or at least be allowed to camp nearby :)

A possibility that you might want to look into is joinng one of the clubs. A club that I have a bit of knowledge on is the "Training Wheels Motorcycle Club", or TWMC for short.
Here is there web site: http://www.sorudne.com/twmc/

They are a "family" club with a major focus on enduros. From the early fall to late spring they have monthely "outings" where they go and camp in the desert and have two days of fun, family oriented events. Sunday they typically put on a family enduro for their club members and guests. (once a year they host a district enduro that is open to the public).

I joined them for a weekend last May and had a great time. If you don't mind dry camping it can be a great weekend. Being in a large group you would be able to share some shade, the fire pit and some good socializing.

And the riding is fantastic.

If your route to Colorado involves going through Las Vegas you will pass right by the area that they usually go to. The riding area immediatly south of Barstow is one of their favorites. Another is near El Mirage, a bit more to the south. They should certainly be within your range.

Good luck!

Rod

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Thank you Rod and Erick! (those aren't womens names!)

I'll look into the clubs once I get home, that might be right up my alley..

Oh, and I'm Julia sicne we're all using real names

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
A lot of us guys troll around in here :) Shoot, I met the woman I married through this site!!

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Hi Randomfish...I'm SoCal too. Santa Clarita Valley. Love to ride trails and desert. I'm not that great of a rider but I love to ride. Let me know if you are close and we can go out and ride. I have some friends further south than me too if you are further down.

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Hey ProGirlz, I'll have to look at where Santa Clarita valley is. I can drive a bit to meet up. I am at Irvine, by John Wayne Airport and So Coast Plaza.

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
Hey randomfish,

As soon as I can get around to fixing the forks/shock with stiffer springs and seals. (And a couple other parts I wanna replace for safety sake) I'll see what you're up to.

I'm in Garden Grove near where the 22 Fwy meets up with the 405 Fwy.

So... "randomfish". That mean you're a Pisces too?

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
randomfish said:
Hey ProGirlz, I'll have to look at where Santa Clarita valley is. I can drive a bit to meet up. I am at Irvine, by John Wayne Airport and So Coast Plaza.

We are going to do the Toyz for tots Poker Run in Barstow Oct 27th and 28th if you want to join us. There should be a pretty good size group of us Socal'rs. It would be a good place to meet a bunch of riders.

http://www.barstowpokerrun.com/index menu.html

Let me know if you interested and I'll give you more into on what we are doing.

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Progirlz, I just got my bike back, and haven't been on it much. I think I'll try to fiind places close to home to tool around in, get a little better before I make a habit to crash in front of loads of ppl. (although that looks like fun - I looked at the link)
Next time I go over the handlebars, I'd like to be close to go home and lick my wounds over a cup of tea. :laugh:
I spent a few days after Utah sporting a fantasic scab right in the middle of my forehead (goggles dug in). :|
If you're ever screwing around somewhere near by, let me know, I'd love to join you.

GDog - not pisces. randomfish was a product of a lack of creativity late at night. Close though, cancer :). GG is near by, I'm having lunch there today! :)

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
randomfish said:
Progirlz, I just got my bike back, and haven't been on it much. I think I'll try to fiind places close to home to tool around in, get a little better before I make a habit to crash in front of loads of ppl. (although that looks like fun - I looked at the link)
Next time I go over the handlebars, I'd like to be close to go home and lick my wounds over a cup of tea. :laugh:
I spent a few days after Utah sporting a fantasic scab right in the middle of my forehead (goggles dug in). :|
If you're ever screwing around somewhere near by, let me know, I'd love to join you.

GDog - not pisces. randomfish was a product of a lack of creativity late at night. Close though, cancer :). GG is near by, I'm having lunch there today! :)

I totally understand the crashing thing. Last April's poker run I crashed pretty hard and rescue 3 was there before I even stopped sliding (on my head)...picking me up, asking me questions, looking for my bike (heehee)...if you change your mind, let me know. Good luck...when you are ready to ride let me know. I'm a stay at home mom and love to ride midweek mornings. Let me know.

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Midweek mornings? pshaaaaa.

I wish. I am in office like it's my JOB. Mainly, because, it's my job.. :laugh:

I registered at proride last week, and they're still reviewing my membership. Must be cause I'm foreign. :)

Read everything I could though about tracks, psi, flats, etc. I'm ready! :ride:

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Yes, it takes them a long time to ok a membership. I wrote him and told him you were signing up and you were a friend so he would know you weren't "spam". haa Oh well, told a couple guys to be looking out for you....When I first signed in anything I would say or ask they would all gang up on me and say "post a pic"...weirdo's haahaa....anyway, I was thinking if you could get out there and meet up with them. Once they meet you they can't be so invisible and so bold?

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Thanks progirl!

I saw some of your posts there! Glad you're ok what with the fires and all. LOL Hopefully they'll be gentle. They seem like a tough crowd over there. I've been lurking. I think at this point I have decided i need to plan a trip specifically to a track where they are not. What with all the testosterone, I'd get run over really quickly. LOL

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
I posted your response. Hopefully they don't come after me. I know what thread you are speaking of. Its only Rick (RADMAN) that they pick on. They just don't care for him. It is scarey to read that stuff. At least for me....don't care for violence.

**I deleted the thread I started over there regarding this.**
The owner knows what goes on there. Can't believe he lets that go on. It scares people away. Sorry Randomfish...there really are some really good people there. If you want some introductions of the good peeps, just pm me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom