hi ladies!! drn noob- old gal rider!

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
hi girls- i'm ann, 40 years old and woods/motocross rider- and street........
been riding over 20 years, first 5 and last 5 i've been pretty serious, although i don't compete- we work our butts off november thru september to vacation in utah for a month sep/oct with our bikes, riding mountain trails, a little dual sporting- and lotsa river crossing & hill climbing-
i'm on you tube doing river crossing and blue hill pulls- xrannie is my channel there-
here-in santa fe, tn, we have a woods and motorcross course at home and ride with some guys who have about the same type home course setup-
i am the least experienced rider in our bunch-the only female out of about 10 guys- and it sucks sometimes.... they're all faster-cept one- and he hates me!haha. no, he's stuck being my ride partner most of the time cause 'daddy' is an old pro and runs with the big dogs when we ride at the same time. he did stick around at first though-

my starter dirt bike was daddy's(my old man-not dad) old xr600/660- at the time i ride a kz1000 for a street bike, so he figured it would be ok- it was, cept too heavy to pick up when i fell.
had a crash on it in utah-blew out my S3-L1 (butt/lower back)-got fusion on bottom 4- took a year off and bought a brand new xr250r in '04- came back with new respect, more patient, less gung ho on impressing daddy-more gung ho on learning and honing skills-(one thing that was a MUST- strengthing upper body first-so i don't re-injure my back picking up the bike)
i enjoy the ride 100% more now. at 40, prob. don't have a lot of years left to do this- but i'm going to as long as i can-

any riding ladies in the nashville,tn area?

hi to all-again- already did my intro, last month-
but- i've read like 5 pages of the women's forum (with dial-up!)and like what i've read- impressed by the number of women riders, what you have to say- and your bikes too!

but.............. XR'S RULE!! haha-4 me they do!

what i did that improved my riding the most:
QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES- 5 months-today!! added 5 miles to my "fun ride" or more-

y'all have a good day- ride safe!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
welcome to DRN. I am older than you are and I only learned to ride about 5 or 6 years ago. So don't call yourself old. You are only as old as you feel.

sprocket218

Aug 25, 2006
never too old for riding

I just turned 48 and am still racing enduros and motocross, it is just fun to get out there and compete. Even though those youngsters kick my butt I still always have a blast. You are never too old to be on 2 wheels. Have fun! motochick :cool:

Apr 30, 2007
Heya and welcome to DRN!!! :)

(Wow, my greetings come a little late as of recent times! :whoa: )

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
hi again- sorry for not being very active on here- summer brings more work than i handle- but that's a good thing= saving for the anual vacation to cainville/henry mountains to ride Sally for two weeks straight!

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Annie you are a really great addition to DRN. Truly my hero. Read your other post- how did you describe yourself a post/picho? One of the other forums I'm a member of has a whole FAQ dedicated to the use of that term and how being one will get you banned. lol. Too funny. I think you are safe here at DRN because about the only thing that will get you banned is being 15 or under and being rock stupid with lips. You don't appear to be in danger of either of those crimes. Post away because you are one knowledgeable hoot.(And yes, Rod does have a good eye! Lots of good, kind and helpful knowledge, too.)

Glad your arm is healing good.

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
why "thank you- thank you very much" (as elvis would say)
-
sometimes i do post up some things before thinking- thank God for the edit button-till recently,spent most of my 'forum talk' time b.s.'n & arguing with teenaged tuner guys on the tennessee car enthusiats site i'm a member on- it's a hoot! (tennspeed.net) learned some new words over there (like 'pic-whore'-which i learned when i got called one-) another new word i like- 'weaksauce' a flame term for halfass done projects & riced cars and such-

i like your sig- i keeps my angel very busy......

Nov 7, 2008
It's nice to see more gals out riding and racing. I'm fortunate to live in an area that has an oldtimer motocross group to ride with. Not too many vet gals out there though. I sometimes will race with the younger girls to help put more people in the women's class...usually I will get spanked but have a lot of fun when I can stay off my head.

I learned on a XR350 2 years ago..very heavy bike. I currently just switched from a CR250 to a KDX200 (more manageable power) and improved my lap times by 10 seconds on the first day at the track. My husband expects me to improve while on the KDX because I'm more comfortable. The biggest problem is the forks..too soft. I plan on putting the KDX 200 engine onto a KX125 frame in the near future. I will race it "as is" until then :ride: .

Top Bottom