CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Alright folks...the annual Hicks ride is upon us. I'm planning on December 12th-14th. This ride takes place in beautiful NW Arkansas at the White Rock Federal preserve. We will stay in Fayetteville (where I will upon an attendance # reserve a block of rooms for the riders-we need this relatively quickly).

If you have never attended, this is a large faciltiy to say the least. Jason(BlueThunder) and I are trying to hook up w/ Jahelka who has the place GPS'd (yes it is that large). Our plans are to ride the preserve at a friendlier pace Friday, cross over to Cass on Saturday and then maybe hit some creek/waterfall fun on Sunday (Sunday is playday).

This is a fun ride and should be on your must-do every year (Dirtrider just did a write up on it and liked it-in fact is one of Burleson's fav places to ride). Your bike should be woods ready to fully enjoy this ride. A couple of years ago some of the MX bike equipped guys had a rough day, but still had fun-hell I rode it my first year (1996) on a stone-stock 97 (yes that year) CR250.

Just replay back to this or contact me @ (816) 891-8551 for details.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Jeeez! Jason and I described it as God's country. Now Lou might have described it differently...

Seriously Aimee, you'd do fine

Stingray

Apr 12, 2003
I will check with work and see if I have that weekend off. Would love to ride that area, I hear it is great. I will call you and confirm. Thanks for the post.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Yes, Lou may have put his own slant on it at some point, ;) but you guys described it as tougher than Chadwick and that did it for me. Chadwick is the debbil!! :p

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Foooozzzball is the debbil...and besides...(Bobby voice on), momma says alligators are so cranky, cuz, they got all those teeth and no toothbrush :p

Serious, WRM is the shiznit! Scenery, killer trails, lots and lots of rocks and can be ridden no matter what the moisture content. Looking forward to this ride, that time of year in Arkansas is saaawwweeeet!!

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
Did Lou get his googles out of the tree last time. Maybe we can set up a contest down there to see who can find Lou's googles. Can't wait to go. What about our resident expert rider MrModine is he going to Sally up or just make Samachies for us to take along for the drive down? :yeehaw:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Naw, Sorenson and I found Lou's goggles the next day about 2 in the afternoon. Judging from where he was...errr stranded, he got some serious distance on the fling. I think he is ready to go back (the first time at White Rock can be a little daunting...but the next time is much better)

Top Bottom